Notices

Please Help Me Stay Clean&Sober

Old 05-28-2004, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Please Help Me Stay Clean&Sober

I am sorry this may be real short my hands are shaking and cramped I have been addicted to all kinds of pain meds for the past 2 yrs or so and i just cant take any more.I am so fed up with living life this way. i have locked myself in the house and i am detoxing c/t Man it,s hard i just gotta break though to the other side and be the person i once was any HELP whould be great. Thank you so Much Suffering in Louisville.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

There are betterdays ahead. Welcome to SR. Hang in there.
Many people will be saying hello to you shortly.
Stay here!!!
---J
Old 05-28-2004, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Betterdays,

Welcome to SR and congratulations on your decision to get sober.

But, I do think you should speak to your dr before you stop taking the meds you've been using. What you're doing could be dangerous, I don't know.

Other than that, the best thing is to try to take care of yourself - eat well, sleep if you can and try to rest. You can always get lots of support by visiting us here at SR. Also, if you like you could check out the NarAnon forum on this board where you'll probably find some more information about detoxing from pain meds.

Keep posting and believe you can do this.

Love, Anna
Old 05-28-2004, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((((Betterdays))))))))))),

Welcome to Sober Recovery and bless you heart!!! You have made a good step forward in contacting us. We care and do want to be there for you. I am not experienced with pain meds... but I have detoxed off alcohol and crystall meth. Don't be afraid to reach out to your local drug addiction hot line for more help. It sounds like you are having some pretty rough withdrawal symptoms. Perhaps you need medical attention!! I am sure that most cities have detox centers to help suppervise withdrawal. I admire you for wanting to do it for your self but, hey we all need more help than we can give ourselves sometimes. Keep us posted on your progress and keep posting I know that helps too.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Betterdays!

There's relief on the other side. Addicts can get and stay straight. You can too!

Keep coming back!
Old 05-28-2004, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hugs to you Betterdays! And yes, those days will come. I agree with what everyone has said. Make sure you are safe! Welcome to SR, and keep coming back!!

Big Hugs to you,
Missy
Old 05-28-2004, 08:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome.
Be very attentive to the signals your mind and body send you while you detox. It's a most confusing time, and can be dangerous. As has been said, help is a phone call away. Check back here often.
We do come out the other side of detox, and you will too.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you for taking the time to reply you dont how much Help that is to me right now. Big Hugs to you too
Old 05-28-2004, 08:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks So Much to You All

I really am having trouble on focus and trying to type . i just wanted to say thank you to you all for being Here. i am so lost right now. But i know this for sure i am Grateful you are all here. Thanks again to everyone. I now have hope.. For Betterdays
Old 05-28-2004, 08:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Big Hugs right back at ya. Keep coming back. Keep writing feelings. ANY feelings. Thats part of what saved me so far(10 days,I think. I starting to not rememeber. Is that good or bad)
Anyway, Hang on. Lots of help here!
---J
Old 05-28-2004, 08:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks Jayzuma

Thanks for your Help God Knows i need it I also seen the DAMAGE DONE
Old 05-28-2004, 08:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dan

Betterdays, Jayzuma pretty much arrived here like you did.
Scared and unsure. We all did when the time came to face it.
Be honest, be careful, and above all, fill your heart with hope.
We do recover from addiction, I promise.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

welcome !

Hang in there it gets better. Prayers -Trish
Old 05-28-2004, 08:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome betterdays
Detoxing sucks, please be careful. Is there anyone who knows that you are doing this?
Watch your symptoms. I am not familiar with detox from pain meds, only alcohol withdrawal and I know that is rough. Maybe a hot bath would help to relax your muscles. Keep talking on-line here.
Big HUgs
Old 05-28-2004, 09:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Betterdays24
Thanks for your Help God Knows i need it I also seen the DAMAGE DONE
"A little part of it in everyone"

The good news is you dont have to be gone. Damage done yes,Gone,no.
There is hope. Im pretty new around here and Im still struggling with withdrawals myself. But it does get better. I would have never thought that a few days ago but it does.
Hang in there. Keep online
Prayers----J
Old 05-28-2004, 09:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Hi ya BD and welcome to SR. I think it would be prudent to have someone with you while you are doing this. I admier your courage to do this without help,but also worried. You should make an appointment with your doctor right away to get a check up to make sure everything is in working order if you feel you cannot go to a detox. As someone said, there is a NA board here that someone may beable to tell you their exsperiance with withdrawl from pain meds. As with most withdrawls, try to eat,sleep,drink lots of water keep busy to keep your mind off things. Huggys and keep us posted. Everyone does care!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 09:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Paused

Hanging In There

Thanks to everyone for there replys.I am not to keen on how this thing works but hopefullly you will all get my THANKS. I am not trying to place the blame but my Doctor my be part of the proplem.I told him many times how bad things where getting with all the junk he was giving me and he seemed to think it is all in my head I do have some issues that require me to be on the meds But at this time i would rather suffer the pain. Then the Hell of addiction my only concern right now is Blood pressure and my heart rate are off the wall i do have some one watching over me but they just cant be here all the time...and only those in recovery really understand but thanks to all for your concern. I really do need all the help i can get..
Old 05-28-2004, 09:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Dan

If your blood pressure and heart rate are elevated, you have to consult a physician in my opinion. Simply to be on the safe side.
Withdrawal is no joke. See a doctor. Establish a baseline. Nothing to lose by doing that.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

BD,
Blood pressure and heart rate are serious things to keep an eye on. Do you check this at home? I would suggest going to the Doc(someone already said this Im sure) and telling him again what you are doing. My Doc was really a turd to me until I started actually going through detox and he could see it in my BP and Heart rate. Then he became very concerned. You should have your vitals checked 3-5 times a week while you are going through this.
Screw what the Dr says or thinks. You need to think about yourself right now. And that means keeping a close watch on your blood pressure and heart rate. It's miserable I know,boy do I know, it can be done but it's been told to me over and over that you should not try and do it without some medical assistance. Can be EXTREMELY dangerous.
Hang in there.(I know that does not help in the least but it's sincere)
---J
Old 05-28-2004, 10:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Maybe you need to go to a different doctor. I know you probably don't have the strength now, but we don't want to lose you. Check with a hotline and see what they can do for you. Reach out to people. I'm glad SOMEONE is watching you once in a while and hang in there. If you can look up a meeting and have someone take you. You are not alone. Welcome to Sober Recovery. You can do it, keep coming back.