Notices

Here and there

Old 08-27-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

i know it in myself that i can do it
Then do it Erratic - why wait on the rest of your life?

D
Old 08-28-2013, 02:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

exactly dee! why wait?

Yesterday was bad day due to i had a drink, finding out my daughter got excluded from school and heck she doesnt even know im drinking again.

I promise myself that i will not drink and work with whatever comes.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Yesterday was bad day due to i had a drink, finding out my daughter got excluded from school and heck she doesnt even know im drinking again.
My guess is that had your daughter achieved some academic milestone, that would have been a good reason to drink, too Only saying it because that is where my mind would have gone. Something good = celebrate. Something bad = numb the feelings.

My favorite line I read on SR which kept me going on my worst night: "Fast forward this movie". Picture the hangover, the guilt, wandering around wasting a day, etc. In fact, if you get drunk again take a movie of yourself. Do you have a webcam? Slurring and sounding stupid. On the other hand, I hope today can be day one for you and you can just picture the movie.

You also mentioned a friend's house:

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Today hasnt been a good day, but i knew that going to my friends who i havent seen in months is that i would drink. Her place was about drinking and i know that i wouldnt be able to go for coffee.
This is the kind of friend you need to stay clear of for a while, months if necessary, until you are confident enough and resolute enough to say, "Take your booze and shove it. Give me a damn cup of coffee!"

my two cents.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

People places and things.. I had to put my recovery first and lost everyone that was supposedly friends... Since I don't drink they don't call me... One of them was supposedly my best friend, well must have been booze best friend because she sure isn't when I am sober. Only you can make the decision as to when you r ready to give your ALL into your recovery and stop making excuses. Live life on life's terms... It isn't easy but I prefer to be sober than to deal with the many consequences.. I hope and pray that you are ready now but if not I pray that you will soon... Because the drunk will win the battle if you don't take charge... And admit that you r powerless over alcohol ...