SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   just came back from the ER and almost messed up! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/305070-just-came-back-er-almost-messed-up.html)

NevarCiots 08-23-2013 12:46 AM

just came back from the ER and almost messed up!

So I almost passed out at work and went straight to the Er.

Got put on an iv for 6 hours, was given some tough love and advice, was given 2 50mgs of librium and was sent home. Then immediately took 2 sips of beer....

After the 2nd sip, I looked around my place. "Wow, look at all the beer cans and bottles all over the place." I said. I still had about a six pack in my possesion and you know what I did? I opened them all up and dumped them down the drain!

I was NOT about to mix those pills with beers and began cleaning up my room of all the trash and really get going with my sobriety.

I have been complaining about hangovers, withdraws and discomfort on his site for months.

A coworker is taking me to my 1st meeting since forever and I am ready to listen, exchange numbers and letting go.

I dont think a few beer sips would affect the libriums that much (stupid I know) but good thing I stopped there! Wish me luck! I'm ready to hit sobriety hard.

Dee74 08-23-2013 12:51 AM

passing out is pretty scary.

I really hope you can make this a turning point Nevar. I'm glad you dumped those beers.

D

longbeachone 08-23-2013 12:52 AM

GOOD LUCK NEVARCIOTS!! One day at a time. You can do it!

NevarCiots 08-23-2013 12:59 AM

I know dee. I was posting in a few threads yesterday, was doing alright,then after lunch I felt this numbness in my gut, arms going numb and in general could not function. I got "stretchered" out of work all the others employees looking at me like "dude, what happened?"

Another rock bottom to add to the list and it came out of nowhere!

Oh man how to explain this on to my friends and my boss. This is gonna be a rough one.

ZoeM 08-23-2013 02:08 AM

Well done pouring those down the drain :) As for your friends and boss - how much are they aware of? Is it possible to tell a half-truth and say that you 'had something that didn't agree with you' ?
Good luck with it! :) x

Louise82 08-23-2013 02:13 AM

Glad that you're alright, NC. Well done for dumping the beer out.

Yep, coming straight out of hospital and taking a sip of beer - with us alcoholics/addicts it's just like that. I read once about a cocaine addict who was hospitalized and started doing coke in her hospital bed once the doctors had left the room. This is why we need help to recover from our addictions, so I'm glad to see you reaching out on SR.

pinkdog 08-23-2013 02:38 AM

Dear Nevar:ring, I'm so glad you went to the ER. Sounds like a great plan. Best wishes. Sobriety is the best.

NevarCiots 08-23-2013 04:47 AM

Thank you all for the support!

Can you all recommend me the best vitamins and foods to eat to get started? I dont think alot inmmy fridge is the best way to start replenishing my body the best way.

resolute50 08-23-2013 05:03 AM

You can't go wrong with a good B complex,multi vitamin.
I even put soy lecithin granuals in my yogurt.

Your body will only use what it can and expell the rest.So,no worries about taking too much.

NevarCiots 08-23-2013 05:07 AM

Ok theres a whole foods market not far amd I will ask a worker there to show me some.

Also, there is an early birds meeting 30 minutes from now and I am going. I will talk to you all later!