Notices

New searcher of help

Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New searcher of help

Looking for information for treatment etc on drinking for my guy. Long relationship and hate to see this end it... I realize he needs to want to stop but I also know to help him and support him I need to do some research first. He is a hard worker and leaves home at 4 am ... some nights such as tonight he returns as late as 9 pm (lots of travel and long hours in the heat and dust). If he is to take time off for help it needs to help to fit his work schedule and he does have some vacation days saved up.

Could anyone help with info on Schick-Shadel? I understand they are in Wa state which is to our North so that would not be too bad for travel.

Thank you all
Old 08-22-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Iseek

Has he shows any willingness to stop, himself?

If you do all this work, I understand you hope it may encourage him to do something himself - but it may not.

I understand too your husband works long hours but I think it's his job to chase down help, not yours.

He needs to show a willingness to act on his problem and to find the option that best suits him - and I'm just not convinced you can do that second hand.

Have you thought about getting support for yourself?

D
Old 08-23-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So true what Dee says. For the vast majority of alcoholics we need to do the legwork for our recovery. In many cases those close to an alcoholic need help for themselves as it can be a long hard road for recovery. There is a forum on these pages for the family and outside there is
Al Anon. BE WELL