Notices

Hopeful yet nervous.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hopeful yet nervous.

Hello,
Here I go.....I am an alcoholic and have been since I was 15. My parents were both alcoholics, so alcohol was very accessible. For as long as I can remember I drank to the point of no return. I never have been able to stop after 3 or 4 drinks. I usually never remember the night before. When I was younger I never gave it a thought, but as I got older I knew I had a problem. Of course I pushed that ridiculous thought out of my head. After all, I just liked having a really good time..right?

I have stopped from time to time. When I was pregnant, nursing,and once when I thought I was going to die. That scarred me straight for many years. I thought I was going to have an alcohol seizure in front of my babies. My dad had them often. Then one day after 9 years, when my oldest daughter was getting married I had a drink with out even thinking about it. Yep, you guessed it. In a very short time I am completely back to where I was so long ago. I miss being sober and I HATE this disease. I have been attending meetings from time to time, but can't seem to stop drinking. Then I am ashamed to show my face and still be in my first 30 days. My kids hate when I drink and I don't blame them. However, this time I want to be sober for me. Not for anyone else, just ME. This is day 2. I am hopeful and I do believe in the higher power. Trust me, I pray all the time.

Thanks for listening to my story, RedClover.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 days of sobriety, RedClover! That is a huge accomplishment! I'm glad you're here. I, personally, could not have done it without these forums.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go on day 2!!

And welcome to SR. You'll find tons of support here.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome RedClover. SR has also been instrumental in my recovery, I think you will like it here. Glad to hear that you want to do this for yourself...that was what it finally took for me to make things stick too. Read lots and stay close.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Red Clover

D