Notices

Today I have been sober for 2 months.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I have been sober for 2 months.

Hello,

As of today, I am happy to say, I have not had a drink (not one drop) of alcohol since June 21st, for 2 months I have been completely sober every day! This is coming from someone that has not gone 24 hours in the last ten years without a drink.

My friend asked me if I was sleeping better since I quit drinking….I replied that pretty much everything is better since I quit drinking!
  • I can kiss my children goodnight without worrying if they smelled wine on my breath.

• They can drink from my glass any time now without asking me if it’s alcohol first, and it always was, I noticed they just stopped asking and didn’t even try.

• My depression has lifted a little and my blood pressure is in normal range.

• Sex is better.

• I don’t have to worry if I did or said anything embarrassing or inappropriate after social gatherings, because wine made me do and say things I would never do or say sober.

• A lot of my old interests are back and I am much more productive. I am finding myself with the motivation to do more than just make it through the day. I stopped doing what I truly enjoyed because I couldn’t always drink (openly).

• Dealing with my ex-husband is better, even though we generally get along well; I am able to let go of the things that bother me a little sooner (and easier) now.

• No more spiraling out of control emotionally at my kids or others.

I thought drinking made me more exciting or fun, as a way to fit in, relax, or express myself better. However, social drinking, or drinking on a date, turned into drinking at home, alone, every night, and all day on weekends. I could cry just to think of the time I wasted with my kids. While others said I was such a good mother, they didn’t know my dirty little secret.

Although, I have felt out of the loop, isolated from friends and family, and like I do not fit in anymore since I stopped. It has also become so apparent to me that EVERYTHING revolves around drinking. I think about how much drinking is glamorized, that is really starting to annoy me, especially now that my kids are getting older and being inundated with advertising and the media romanticizing alcohol.

The people on these forums have been tremendous help. When I am tempted, I come here and read, I am soon reminded of all the reasons “having just one” is a BAD idea. I truly appreciate every one that posts here. I hope one day I can give back all that I have taken away.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome!!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great work not drinking
Old 08-21-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Way to Go!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS!! 60 days is awesome. I also can relate to you as a Mother. I wasted a TON of time that I could have spent with my child being truly PRESENT and not in a fog or hungover. I remember her always wanting to taste my drinks to make sure that there was no alcohol in them. These memories will never completely disappear and I am glad of that, because I can share them with other Mothers and let them know that I empathize and also I hope I can help a struggling Mother put down that drink and spend time with her kids. Great Job!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is a wonderful post, I can really relate to everything you've said. I have 31 days of sobriety today. I also look back at all the wasted time, the blackouts, sitting on the counch doing nothing. I had no motivation. In the short time that I've been sober I feel the old me is slowing emerging and I have to say I like her a lot better. My husband and kids do too . Thank you for posting.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fantastic!!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats
Old 08-21-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations BBB

D
Old 08-21-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats BabyBlue
Old 08-21-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

BriteBabyBlue, Today I have been sober for 2 months? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
EndGame

Nice work.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats BriteBaby! I know how it is trying to hide what's in mommy's cup. I have a 6 year old, and used to keep my cups ip high so she wouldn't see what was really in the coffee mug:-(. And if she did...it was "cranberry juice" (red wine)

I am sober about 110 days now, and feel so much better now as a mom. I no longer make up feeble excused not to go out and play because I would rather stay in where my stash was. We go out for walks now, and I am just enjoying her so much more now, as I'm sure she is enjoying a happier and more "present" mommy.

Glad you are doing so well! Keep up this momentum!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This post definitely gives me hope, as I'm sure id does so many others

Congrats on the amazing work you've put in staying sober, and keep it up!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

1,000,000 kudos to you for 2 whole months! That is amazing!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This thread makes me happy. i relate too. I dont want to miss out on their lives anymore. 5 days down. 2months!!!! Way to go!!!!!!"
Old 08-21-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats! Thanks for the post. Inspiring to me on my fourth day. Have a great night!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you! Two months of sobriety is pretty darn spectacular.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

Amazing !