Notices

New to Recovery rooms, forums, meetings

Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question New to Recovery rooms, forums, meetings

Hello, I'm Tracey and I am really new at this. I want to say that I will be celebrating 4 years of being off crack on September 29th 2013. I have not been to but one meeting, the whole time. I feel like i'm missing something. Spent a lot of years on that substance, used it to cope with certain issues I did not want to face in my life that caused trauma. Serious trauma. I to this day have a hard time processing this pain just feeling numb and not siure what step to take to release the hurt anger, i'm vunerable and that vunerablity has caused me to get in wrong relationships. Like the one i'm in now. Married to an addict at this stage and do not know what I should do/ made so many decisions high, having hard time making good decisions for myself now. Feeling trapped, etc, etc, etc. Well now that you got an idea where I am at, I sure could use some feedback from some pros at this recovery thing. I need some healing and I've got to start somewhere. Signed greenetea
Old 08-20-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello greentea !! Welcome to SR!! There are a lot of very supportive members on SR. Reading post and posting is something we find helpful. You've done very good getting off and staying off crack!!!! I'm sure other members will be posting so keep checking back. Hang in there!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi greenetea welcome here, go to NA meetings you are already ahead with 4 year off on your own congratulation, getting an sponsor and doing the 12 step will help with all the emotions. maybe is you get addiction counsellor will help you. my addiction is alcohol but I know crack I was addicted for a few years. and remember this is only a suggestion in the end only you know what you need.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tracey - hopefully the support you'll find here will help a lot

my advice is look around at how others are handling things, find an approach you like, and go for it

really glad you found us

D
Old 08-20-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EndGame

Yes, welcome greentea.

I've found a wealth of information and a wealth of support available here. Take advantage of it, and you'll likely feel less alone in your struggles.