Notices

My first day 2

Old 08-21-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

One more thing. It will soon be college football season. Lots of beer drinking. Any coping advice? I'm a big fan.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaches58 View Post
One more thing. It will soon be college football season. Lots of beer drinking. Any coping advice? I'm a big fan.
I'm on day 367.

My advice?

Don't worry about tomorrow. Don't worry about next week. Don't worry about next month. Don't worry about next year. And Don't even think about the silly college football season. Instead, put all of your energy, all of your heart and soul, all of your being, all of your will power into staying clean and sober today and today only. The smaller you make the goal, the more achievable it becomes. And right now, you want this particular goal to look as tiny as possible.

Why jump over a hurdle when you can walk over a stick? Here in Indy it's 1:30pm. Thus, I've only got ten and half hours to go and I'm done!

10 and half hours is Eezee Peezee!

Skywalker - "Ok, I'll give it a try."
Yoda- No!...... Do! or Do not! There is no "try."

Be Encouraged!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Peaches, from your post yesterday, I can totally relate.
Totally me!
My 56th birhtday is on Friday, 23 / 8. That's my deadline for giving up the demon drink. I want things to change, and change they will, with willpower and strenhght to get through the first couple of days.I want to grow older with calmness and peacefulness, that's my wish!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

made it through day 3

One more trip home no stopping at the Abc store. Sure did think about it tho. Stressful and frustrating day at work. I wonder how long before I wont think about it the minute I get off work. I'm having to face the guilt of all the wasted money and what I could have done with that. Learning to feel the feelings instead of numbing them is tough. The minute something was stressful I'd turn to booze until I didn't care anymore. Now I have to deal with it.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Bonnie we are wanting the same thing. I'll be here. I'm still new to this. Happy birthday on Friday. It will be a great one!!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Peaches!
Thinking about you.

STAY STRONG!

A new day is almost here!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Peaches, made it through day 3? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Going to bed concentrating on day 4. Worried have you ever noticed how alcohol about the weekend. I'll definately be here. Have you ever noticed how alcohol reminders are everywhere? Tv shows etc. Arhhhhh
Old 08-21-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Majority is right...don't torture yourself with future situations. But I gotta tell ya. In my early days (which at 2.5 months they still are)...Today..as in the whole day was far too much of a commitment for me. I tricked my commitment phobic brain by keeping my commitment to "NOW". I can commit to staying sober right now. Guess what? It's always now lol. Whenever my thinking got away on me...I brought it back to the now and faced the situations as they arrived. I probably still do.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks nuu I just read my previous post and it didn't make sense and I swear I wasn't drunk just challenged when typing. Lol. I'll try what you suggest. Just deal with today. I sleep so good now and I just have to remember the nausea. Sweats. Shakes. Acid reflux. Why in the hxxx would I want to go back to that but it still calls to me in my head.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amajorityofone View Post

Good Morning sunshine

I'm on day 368.

Don't worry about tomorrow. Don't worry about next week. Don't worry about next month. Don't worry about next year. And Don't even think about the silly college football season. Instead, put all of your energy, all of your heart and soul, all of your being, all of your will power into staying clean and sober today and today only.

Why jump over a hurdle when you can walk over a stick?
As you can see, my philosophy has become completely myopic. But it works, because I "work it."

P.S..
Do yourself a favor. Stop watching and get rid of, everything in your house that reminds of you of alcohol asap.

Good luck and STAY STRONG today!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

We have money problems and boy I'd love to drown my worries. Trouble is drinking probably got me in this situation.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaches58 View Post
We have money problems and boy I'd love to drown my worries. Trouble is drinking probably got me in this situation.
Egg-Zackly

How are you feeling today?
Old 08-22-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Not so hot..holiday weekend coming up...gotta hang low and save money. Been working hard my entire life and things are still tight. 55 and broke. Guess I'm just having a pity party..physically good I'm ending day 4 still clean. Thanks for asking and hope you are well. Husband goes to hospoital tomorrow for a procedure. Minor but worrisome all the same. I'm just depressed. Makes me aware of why I drank in the first place. Can anyone tell me how to add a pic or avitar to my profile?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

No idea how to add a pic to your avatar (I'm certain its not that hard) but I do know that you made it through another day clean and sober

Congratulations!