Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Newbie

Hey guys. I'm taking a step into the AA world. My best friend is in the program and has been secretly observing me and she thinks that I'm a problem drinker and smoker. I would agree on those statements but I don't think I have a problem with it or that it's out of control. But hey, that's what AA is for isn't it? To find some help and guidance into recovery? Well, I'm afraid of being alone and not knowing where to go or who to call or talk to besides my best friend. As for a beginners meeting; I have no idea where to start. I live in Plymouth, MN. If there are any good meetings around the area please let me know. :]
Old 08-20-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't use AA, but I think that if you think you don't have a problem with alcohol, it's going to be really hard for you to commit to recovery. I think accepting that you can't manage your life because of alcohol is the first step to recovery.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Biondang !! Welcome to SR!!! Really only you can decide if you are or not a "problem drinker ". If you are exhibiting symptoms of a problem drinker you are much better off catching your problem early. MUCH BETTER!!!.... Read lots of posts here and see if you see some of you in some of us. If you don't you might learn some behaviors to watch out for . I bet everyone here thought they realllly didn't have a problem. Not that you do.