Notices

when others are trying to trip you...

Old 08-20-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

when others are trying to trip you...

How do you remain strong when it seems others goal is to try to make you fall? I'm in a horrible situation. My husband has left me with literally nothing. Even took my car making it difficult to get to my meetings and treatment. No money. Cant find a job and I'm in a state where I have none of my family or friends to support me. I'm staying with my sister in law who acts like she cares and wants to help but always has something negative to tell me about what my husband said or finds a way to make me feel completly stupid for allowing myself to be completley disabled by him. I can't handle anymore right now. Its literally too much. I don't understand why she's doing this.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Feel for you, hrich. I don't really have any advice on your situation, other than do what you can to take back control of your life. I often feel like people are trying to trip me up. You just have to keep fighting and try not to let it get to you.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Maybe by helping you out she feels entitled to give you advice and opinions and maybe feels a little justified in putting a little "sting" in her comments.

But she is helping you out, so she must care to some degree. Maybe she isn't aware of how sensitive and overwhelmed you are at this moment. So why don't you tell her how much you appreciate the help, but the comments not so much.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your sister in law? As in your husband's sister? If so, there's a whole lotta boundary issues going on there (e.g. as in she doesn't have any).