Notices

Day 3

Old 08-20-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Woke up early and went to an advising meeting. I got a good review for my work over the past year, and I was told to be more confident in class and not be afraid to say something that might be wrong. So basically I need to believe in myself, and that will only come with sobriety, because I feel so ashamed about drinking. I got some breakfast and now I am going to read for my class at 330, then I will go to my meeting at 7, do some more work, and try to prepare for all my teaching tomorrow. I am feeling good today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Thursday I am seeing my doctor.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're doing brilliantly well
Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am glad you are feeling good and that things are looking up. Have a good day.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Acheleus, Day 3. Yea for you! Keep going. It gets better.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is all good stuff Acheleus. Do not dwell on the choices of your past (e.g. drinking). Do not make it a value judgement bout yourself. It was a remedy you chose for that which you didn't understand nor know how to address. Pain. That's what this is about Acheleus...finding new answers. Alcohol was the wrong answer..but you didn't fully grasp that. None of us did. It was available, accessible and instant so we all grabbed it like a baby screams for its soother. We outgrow soothers too : )
Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

All great stuff, Acheleus! Well done. Believing in yourself will come with sobriety, like you said. You'll be unstoppable then. Glad to hear you're having such a great day.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. Meetings are essential for me. Tonight I will ask someone I have in mind to be my sponsor. I feel like I should not share in meetings until I have some sober time, but it helps me to listen. Heading off to the library to print some stuff and finish reading.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My anxiety medicine really helps with my mood as well. Thankful for that. My counselor was glad to hear my medicine is working.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's great!!!
Glad things are turning the corner for you.
Let the good times roll.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So glad to hear you more upbeat, Ach! I know how much of a pain in the ass it is getting adjusted to meds to control anxiety or depression but once everything gets leveled off, you won't be nearly as likely or tempted to give into the drinking/depression cycle. You've go so much to give, you're going to get through all of this and then watch out world...I have that good type of feeling about you! Keep posting and letting us know how it's going!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just returned from a very small AA meeting, and it was much more intimate than any other I have been to. Now I have to stay up later doing work, but I feel like my sobriety comes before my school work and teaching. I have to do a lot of stuff tonight, but I am sober, and my anxiety meds do seem to level off my mood. I do not feel terrible and I am getting in touch with some spirit of goodness and love in the world. I didn't ask anyone to be a sponsor tonight, but I am going to ask someone by this Friday and start working the steps and have that person to call if I get tempted. I am just focusing on my school/teaching and getting through every day without drinking. I'm not looking for a good time, or for pleasure, or for kicks--I just want to live a good life every day without giving in to alcohol. Thank you ptcapote for your encouragement.

Even though my work load is very stressful, I can still get through every day with time to focus on my sobriety. Thanks you everyone on SR!