Notices

Things ive learned

Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things ive learned

Im new here..like brand new. So forgive if this post makes no sense. I have learned allot about myself over the last few years and a hard fact I have come to embrace is that fear is the only thing I really have to overcome. Fear of success, fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of acceptance. I have put down the whiskey bottle about a million times and picked it back up as many. I have learned not to judge myself because this only ends in more drinking. I have learned that i will not lose weight if Im not willing exercises, and a gym membership does not equal exercises. If im not willing to walk out my front door and use the sidewalk then a gym means nothing. I have learned I cant put the whiskey down forever if im not willing to STOP picking it up. I have learned I cant let my fear keep me from doing something I want to do. Don't let the fear of the struggle keep me from fighting. Don't let the fear of pain keep me from getting up after I fall. I am my own stumbling block. I have learned that intentions mean nothing.
Acta Non Verba (actions not words)
I am learning how to be fearless.
I am learning how to be sober because I want to be, not because I have to be.
I am learning how to be the person I want to be.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome; and such a great post ... I think I have seen me in there several times and this will be good motivation; I hope, to start my day soon .. Thanx ..
Old 08-20-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a fantastic first post! Welcome