Notices

Day two and going to work...scared

Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think I might have given some misguided advice in another thread about this. Listen to SLB, Kayla, this would be the way to go.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

...and kayla, it may not be necessary. See you handle it today. If you can hack it, great! Stay the course. If you cannot, don't keep randomly calling in sick. Do it under the LOA guidlines.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sobriety and recovery is the most important thing you can do for yourself. I would heed SLB's advice. Stand up for sobering up and do what you must do. It above all else. The job is just a job. Sobriety is a matter of life and death...you're own and sometimes the lives of others weigh in the balance.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Kayla, hang in there and don't obsess on the worst case scenario, I know that is not easy.

As for Family Medical Leave Act, if you work for a private sector employer you the employer must employ over 50 employees in a 75 mile radius, you must have been employed with them for at least 12 months and have worked at least 1250 hours in those twelve months. Your doctor must certify that you have a serious medical condition. If all criteria are met you can qualify for up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave.

You can do this Kayla, you do not want to have to go through this again!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I hope your day at work went well.
Hope to hear from you.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ditto on what Resolute said, hope you're day went alright <3
Old 08-20-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I made it through my day at work. Day from hell. I put on a decent act despite my split nose but I am crawling out of my skin, sweating and itching. I have to drink just a little. I don't know what else to do. I'm going to be shaking all over again tonight. I feel so clammy and dirty. I finally ate something today. All I had yesterday was a banana. This is truly hell. And the worst thing is I've been through it before so many times. I'm insane.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Kayla are you in the US?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Kayla please don't drink. This is what got you where you are right now. I have gone to work in the same condition as you are today several times and yes it is hell. Stop the hell. I think you should see your doctor if you are still feeling this bad. I hope you get to feeling better and really rethink picking up that first drink.

Take care.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You're not insane, you just have an illness. Try not to beat yourself up. Have you considered going into a detox program?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayla50 View Post
I made it through my day at work. Day from hell. I put on a decent act despite my split nose but I am crawling out of my skin, sweating and itching. I have to drink just a little. I don't know what else to do. I'm going to be shaking all over again tonight. I feel so clammy and dirty. I finally ate something today. All I had yesterday was a banana. This is truly hell. And the worst thing is I've been through it before so many times. I'm insane.
Phew, was thinking about you while I was at work.
I know, I went through it also. No shakes, but your other symptoms.
Take a nice shower, you'll feel much better.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm just going to bed with my ice bags. I'm so lonely. I'm glad I have you guys.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Kayla,

I read your thread this morning and didn't have a chance to post to wish you well for the day. I'm so glad you're back and hanging in. Some days you just have to get through but it doesn't have to be pretty, as far as I'm concerned. It would really help you if you could get some food down. I did ice cream my first few days cause it goes down easy and I figure it's dairy. Take care of yourseld. Please don't pick up even one drop. You know where that leads to.

I'm rooting for you. Hang tough, Kayla!

June
Old 08-20-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

you will get better after a decent sleep. take a shower and put some cream on your skin to help with the itchy feeling. (johnsons lavender baby oil gel is soothing and cheap).

you'll find a better life and better ftf company in sobriety, you really will. get some sleep, don't drink, eat another banana and try to relax. post tomorrow and try to read the grats threads, they helped me a lot when I first got sober.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hang tough Kayla!!! You can do this!!!

Please don't pick up now, the worst of the physical symptoms will be over soon!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
MTD

Just go into work and keep your chin up and know that after this day you will be sober going into work. Take one day at a time and things will work out. Just stay focused on your work and let people take care of themselves. You have no control over what people think only on how you react to them. Take care and know that you are not alone in facing the music after drinking and beating yourself up its part of the addiction. Chin up!!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Each day that you don't drink gets better and better....I think you are doing a wonderful job!! This early stuff is tough and you are doing it!!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayla50 View Post
I really hope that you did not drink last night and are sober this morning.

Insanity is repeating the harmful action that makes you so filled with despair and anxiety...booze does that. it terribly exacerbated my reactive depression.

Let us know how you are doing. and if it is Day 3, wooHoo!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Kayla,
I know exactly what you are going through. I tried to balance my alcoholism with my career for years, but the booze always won out. I've been fired from 3 jobs in the last 6-7 years, all for tardiness and performance issues which were directly due to my drinking. I can only imagine what co-workers thought of me coming in unshaven with blood-shot eyes and sloppy appearance.

Every hour that goes by you're getting closer to normalcy. Just don't drink,
Old 08-21-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Kayla!

Thinking about you.

How are you feeling today?

Please check in and let us know how you're doing.

Good luck and God Bless