Notices

Having a moment!

Old 08-19-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a moment!

I really should be on the phone with my sponsor but she ran out so fast from the meeting tonight...I couldn't get into the meeting, could get into relating to anything said. I am not at peace tonight, I feel lonely and I can't release by crying.. I think I am angry but don't know at what... I had some dreams that really bothered me last night. I am ok most days but at dy 33 things are getting a little confusing again.. I will turn this over to my higher power and hope to find release or comfort...
Old 08-19-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Has anyone have breakouts on their skin so red and painful? I never had this while drinking. I don't get it.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sorry to hear that, hope the night gets easier for you.

I just got home from my 10hr work day. In the morning it truly did not seem possible to get through that and I'm proud to have endured and nearly finished by Day 1.

Sometimes you just gotta appreciate the basics i guess, even if it doesn't seem like much.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Silvy! Early recovery is tough and the first month or two particularly so. Your brain is starting to heal itself so your emotions can certainly be all over the place. I would not feel bad about calling your sponsor if you need her, no matter what happened at the meeting. That is what they are there for and she wouldn't be your sponsor if she didn't want you to use her!

I had bizarre dreams for the first few months (still have them once in a while now) and my skin went through a phase of breakouts before clearing up completely (one of the nicest benefits of sobriety, imho). So hang in there and call your sponsor or someone else if you need to talk. Or keep posting here.

And you're doing awesome! You're getting through the toughest parts now...keep going! It gets better, I promise
Old 08-19-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Silvy69 View Post
Has anyone have breakouts on their skin so red and painful? I never had this while drinking. I don't get it.
Sorry about your day. Your current state won't last forever. You've been doing great with the help you've gotten here and in AA.

Your body is now rejecting the toxins that used to overwhelm you. There is not set timetable for being rid of all the poison from our systems.

Sobriety asks of us much more than we ever thought we could deliver, but there will come a time when you'll live with a fairly reliable peace of mind.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you ... I had another dream, I had chicken pox and I kept saying that is impossible because I already got it when I was a child. Hahaha.. I want to dream of waterfalls and the beach. Well it will be fine I know .
Old 08-20-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went on a drinking binge this last weekend. I now a horrible breakout on my face. It looks awful. I'm so embarrassed.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thinking about you-
Are you ok?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
TKS

Hi Silvy, Hmm, this is the second thread in as many days on this. I'm breaking out also, to the point where I think I need to see a doctor (I usually NEVER visit a doctor). It's been over a week now, and pretty much all over my body, itchy as hell.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

TKS I have had about 6 big red zit like on my body.. They are inflamed and hurt if I touch them. It gotta be related to cleaning your system out. Maybe the poison coming out of your body. I am just glad in a way that I am not the only one..
Old 08-20-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have always had great skin. At age 48 i am breaking out. I like the thought that it is my body cleaning out toxins.

Someone mentioned Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms on a different thread. I was experiencing a lot of what you mentioned in your first post. It gets better daily. I really believe that my brain and body are working on adjusting to not having to process alcohol daily. I think that our bodies just do the minimum to function when we are drinking heavily, just preparing for the next onslaught.

Now that I have been sober for 55 days my body is starting to do a deep spring cleaning, even though it is fall!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How are u feeling today silvey
Old 08-20-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Cheryl I am good today .. But now my face is breaking out!! Oh well It will pass.. I have an AA meeting tonight.. Thanks all for sharing ... The support here help as well as my daily meetings.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
TKS

Everyone is talking about toxins. Can anyone elaborate on what they mean, because after a month, it's impossible for there to be any alcohol in the body. Perhaps you are referring to acetaldehyde, but I would need to look up the half life or metabolism rate. Personally I'm leaning towards these breakouts being related to enzyme recovery, or overload, but I have nothing to back this up.

Either way, it's a fairly bad side effect, and I aim to get to the bottom of this for everyone's benefit. If we can determine the reason, there may be an easy remedy.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

TKS, I don't know about the skin flare ups, but all over itching can be a symptom of liver problems, so I feel you may be better getting that checked out?

As for the dreams Silvy, mine are frequently scary, I have all sorts that seem to go on for ages and sometimes wake exhausted from running all night! The mood swings do level out eventually, but I would warn those you love that they may be in for a rollercoaster few weeks. ( but heck it's worth it!)
Old 08-20-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I so agree on the moods mood has been all over the place today
Old 08-20-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

TKS I have had about 6 big red zit like on my body.. They are inflamed and hurt if I touch them. It gotta be related to cleaning your system out. Maybe the poison coming out of your body. I am just glad in a way that I am not the only one..

Bingo!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My mood swings are not bad.. I get usually better after a meeting, it is the best therapy... Listening to others that are alcoholics like me.. A non alcoholic would never understand this journey.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I haven't had someone say they r proud of me in a long time. It humbles you and fills you up inside with hope.. I get people telling me that all the time.. Older members that tells me that I am showing that I will do anything to stay sober... I take this journey as the most important thing in my life ... It also helps when you are down or have issues to turn it over to your higher power, it really helps.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The skin thing drove me CRAZY and it still is. The first week I broke out in a rash, like white bumps, ALL over my body - first neck, arms, then face, legs. It was torture and itched constantly and flared up after any sort of sweating (which was happening a lot in July!). I hated it, I've always had great skin and it felt like something had taken over my body. In addition I got a few bigger weird bumps that were almost like cysts.

I think initially it's related to toxins releasing from the body but there are all kinds of hormonal and chemical imbalances that our body has to correct. I'm still itchy, and the times that I've slipped (there have been a couple) I'm DREADFULLY itchy for the next two days, almost immediately, it's like my body has become allergic.

Tons of water, try to sweat, hang in there.