Notices

Character Reference Letter to Judge from Sponsor

Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Character Reference Letter to Judge from Sponsor

To all-

I need to write a character reference letter for my sponsee to the judge, I have no idea what to write. Does anyone have any samples or suggestions?

Thank you!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have never had to write one, but I would think this is where honesty plays an important role. I am sure others with more sponsoring experience will come along with sage advice.

I just saw that you recently joined and no one had chimed in yet, so wanted to respond.

I do know that if someone is serious about their problem and not just going through the motions due to legal consequences that that individual's progress on Step 1 could probably be explained to the judge.

I wouldn't reveal details about what brought the sponsee to accept Step 1, but focus on his or her acceptance of the problem. That basically was the epiphany on my first step, total acceptance of the problem and total surrender that I was beaten and left with no other options other than doing Steps 2 through 12.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome to SR.

Do you feel comfortable writing a reference, meaning, is your sponsee's character such that you have no problem providing an honest, positive reference?