SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Tired, angry and alone (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/304659-tired-angry-alone.html)

Kayla50 08-19-2013 07:34 AM

Tired, angry and alone

Well here I am again. Extremely hung over and anxious. Missing work, which rarely happens. I was scared how I would seem to everyone. Fell flat on my face Sat night and look awful. I hate this. I hate what alcohol is doing to my life. I can't find any hope.:headbange

doggonecarl 08-19-2013 07:41 AM

Sorry to hear you continue to struggle. Are you seeking support in some structured recovery program?

This addiction might be beyond beating on one's own. The use of "alone" in your post title seems to indicate this. Easy to resolve, Kayla.

Nuudawn 08-19-2013 07:44 AM

I think you have found the right place to find some hope Kayla : ) We have all been to the hell you are currently in. Sobriety is the place where hope returns.

Mountainmanbob 08-19-2013 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kayla50 (Post 4131164)

I can't find any hope.:headbange

for me it was also impossible to find and or have hope

until

I put the plug in the jug

Wiktionary
put the plug in the jug(Verb)

To cease drinking alcohol; to become teetotal.

dwtbd 08-19-2013 07:51 AM

Hello Kayla50
welcome back

Maybe we don't find hope, maybe we make it ,I dunno just a guy who was in the same hole you sound like you are in.

Try maybe starting a brand new thread "First Day" or "day one started" drop any again type thingies.
See it as you doing it(even though you feel mentally and physically like crap, believe me I know) doing it even right now, this moment will give(because you made it) the hope to do it in the next instance of now.
We live in the now, you are doing it right now, that will give you the hope for the now that is five minutes from now, and the now that will be tonight, but just do it right now.
wish you the best

Kayla50 08-19-2013 07:52 AM

I hope my parents don't give up on me

Nuudawn 08-19-2013 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kayla50 (Post 4131192)
I hope my parents don't give up on me

Some parents do when they realize there is nothing more than they can do and that the decision for care ultimately lies with the addict. This is your fight Kayla. There are plenty of folks here in your corner. I'm betting your parents are in that corner too when you're fighting for yourself.

Kayla50 08-19-2013 08:15 AM

They are all I have

hayley86 08-19-2013 08:18 AM

I am sorry to hear that you are still struggling Kayla. What were you doing for your recovery?. Do you know what went wrong on Saturday and what led you to drink?. There are many people who cant do this alone, support is vital. There is always hope. With a plan for recovery and as much support as necessary you can break free from this cycle. I hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Nuudawn 08-19-2013 08:20 AM

All parents want (well good ones) is for their children to be happy and healthy and productive members of society. Hurting yourself hurts them..deeply. There comes a time when parents must release children to their own care. I'm guessing you are an adult and that the responsibility now lies with you. How you doing so far with that?

Kayla50 08-19-2013 08:22 AM

Thank you