SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   This website is so hard to understand??? Help (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/304581-website-so-hard-understand-help.html)

Minnesota81713 08-18-2013 12:05 PM

This website is so hard to understand??? Help

:a108:I spent reading for hours last night,....on day 2 now but I must say I am completely lost on where to go, do I post a new thread each time I want to post or do I jump into someone else and this class do I join that...know im still going thru withdraw but no sleep and this website like I said is very hard to navigate exp in my condition....please help!

Minnesota81713 08-18-2013 12:10 PM

Anyone here??

ReadyAtLast 08-18-2013 12:11 PM

Hello

I would recommend joining the August clas.It's full of people at the same stage of sobriety as you and going through the same thing. You can post daily,weekly, ten times daily as much or as little as you want on there and the class goes on forever. It's great for posting general thoughts and feelings, ideas, problems,sobreity struggles etc on an ongoing basis. I'm in the Dec 2012 class and still post on there every week :)

The Newcomers threads tend to be more fast moving and you'll get quicker responses thought it's pretty quiet now,Sunday afternoon/night etc. You can update the thread you've started or start a new thread for responses if you have a specific issue/feeling you would like to discuss.

There are also forums for specific interests such as biking, christians, a mens room, healthy eating and lots more

It seems daunting at first but you'll get the hang of it. don't worry and happy reading :)

LadyBlue0527 08-18-2013 12:13 PM

Hi Minnesota, I'm responding right now, please give me a minute :)

and :welcome

Minnesota81713 08-18-2013 12:13 PM

:headbange:headbangeThank you...how do I join the class?

kadidee 08-18-2013 12:15 PM

Hi Minnesota--

Yes, as ReadyatLast said, come look at the Class of August thread. There are a lot of us there and we post a lot. How about you go introduce yourself over there right now...I'll meet you there :)

kadidee 08-18-2013 12:15 PM

You don't have to do anything to join. Just find Class of August 2013, type a message, and hit reply.

LadyBlue0527 08-18-2013 12:16 PM

Is this your first time using a message board? Please respond and we'll go from there. I'm trying to determine if you are looking for particular places to go or if you are not familiar at all and are trying to figure the whole thing out.

JumpnOn2 08-18-2013 12:17 PM

Hi Minn. We are pretty flexible group. If you have something new feel free to start a new thread. Or if you would like to join a thread feel free to post there too. I tend to post in threads currently running but that is just me...so far. You'll get the hang of it soon.

LadyBlue0527 08-18-2013 12:17 PM

Looks like you're all set :)

LDT 08-18-2013 12:17 PM

Just go to that thread Minnesota, and introduce yourself by posting. You will be warmly welcomed.

Minnesota81713 08-18-2013 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by kadidee (Post 4129514)
Hi Minnesota--

Yes, as ReadyatLast said, come look at the Class of August thread. There are a lot of us there and we post a lot. How about you go introduce yourself over there right now...I'll meet you there :)

Do I go to the last page cause I remember seeing a couple different August class I and II I think....how do I do that? Not very computer updated...sorry and just confused....

neferkamichael 08-18-2013 12:19 PM

Minnesota, day 2? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. I was completely lost at day 2 and a whole bunch of days after that too. I just kept talking about staying sober and responding to peoples threads, picked up information from them and I am now 3 years sober. Rootin for ya. :egypt:

kadidee 08-18-2013 12:21 PM

The August class will be in the Newcomers to Recovery section--I think it says Part 2. Start here.

(Part 1 was the first 10 days then it starts again because it gets really long).

I think there are about five pages now in that thread. Read through them (if you want, you don't have to), then just type a message and hit 'reply'.

dalouie 08-18-2013 12:22 PM

Heres a link for the August class.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-19.html

Minnesota81713 08-18-2013 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 (Post 4129516)
Is this your first time using a message board? Please respond and we'll go from there. I'm trying to determine if you are looking for particular places to go or if you are not familiar at all and are trying to figure the whole thing out.

Trying to figure the whole thing out.lol..I was sent a link to the Aug class tho...just don't know how to get back once I log out...

pinkdog 08-18-2013 12:42 PM

Hi Minnesota, welcome! Keep going on the sobriety. It will get easier. If you want to post a new subject, use a new thread. If you want to respond to someone else, click on thanks and the reply will pop up. The weekends are slower here. Will be busier during the week. Hang in there.:ring

ReadyAtLast 08-18-2013 12:46 PM

glad you're getting the hang of it.It just takes practice :)

Anna 08-18-2013 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Minnesota81713 (Post 4129550)
Trying to figure the whole thing out.lol..I was sent a link to the Aug class tho...just don't know how to get back once I log out...

You can just bookmark the website and find it anytime you want.

If you log out when you leave, you can just log in when you come back. It's in the top right corner.

freshstart57 08-18-2013 01:59 PM

FAQ means Frequently Asked Questions, and Sober Recovery has collected a bunch of them together in one place, along with answers. You might find em handy.SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - FAQ

Take some time and look around, Minnesota, I know you will find your way quickly. Please keep reading, posting and asking questions, just as you did here. There is a life without addiction for you out there, and SR can be a great big help. It was for me.