Notices

Back to Day 1 :(

Old 08-18-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to Day 1 :(

Hating myself more and more now .. Doctors appointment Tue. So hopefully I will have the courage to say something . Not even sure how I am going to make it through work tonight; but I HAVE to go ..
Old 08-18-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

AugustWest, please go to work, make it through, better to have a job than not. I know it's frustrating and I can't count all the times I relapsed but I didn't give up and now I'm 3 years sober. Rootin for ya.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was speaking with someone today (from AA) who relapsed on day 91. Got a DUI, hit someone, ended up in jail overnight. She says she doesn't want anyone in the AA program to know (except for a select few of us she called) and she is also hiding this from her family. Getting honest with ourselves and others is the only way to get and stay sober. But we have to be so in ALL venues, to everyone. I am glad you came on here to share with us and I hope you do so with your dr and those closest to you in your 3D life. I speak from experience...it's humiliating but humbling when we go back out and are truthful. Let's us starts anew without added guilt or shame in my opinion. I hope this time you can get it August.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

AW I hope you can find some peace somehow. Mine didn't start until I surrendered to my addiction to alcohol which had me by the b..ls. Surrendering sounds un-American but I needed to in order to survive. For me it worked slowly, one day/minute at a time, but it worked. I had to recognize my characteristic of defiance, anger, control, following directions and more to work at what I needed, to live sober and be comfortable in my own skin. Each of us can arrive at this goal from different paths if we work at it and it’s certainly not always easy. Hang in there if you can and good luck.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I hope you'll open up to your doctor - this seems like a good time to do it. Sorry you are suffering AW.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanx Guys; I'm trying to hang on best I can right now .. So very hard when I want a beer..
Old 08-18-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
Thanx Guys; I'm trying to hang on best I can right now .. So very hard when I want a beer..
Think about how bad you feel right now because of the relapse and how bad you felt this morning. Is having a beer really worth it to feel the same (or worse) tomorrow? That's what you'll guarantee yourself if you pick up again.

You've already made a good choice by coming here today though, why not keep the momentum and put that beer out of your mind.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanx Scott; trying to ... But it's all I know .. Sounds sad; but have been doing it so long now to kill all my pain.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanx Scott; trying to ... But it's all I know .. Sounds sad; but have been doing it so long now to kill all my pain.
Actually, that's your alcohlic mind lying to you. You've had several long stretches of sobriety since joining here. You know that too... And you can do it again if you choose.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know I know; just feeling sorry for myself I guess.. So hard; Work is gonna rough in 7 hours ..
Old 08-18-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alcohol was my solution too AW...when something was too hard or too scary I got drunk.

Didn't solve the problems of course, so I had to drink again....and again...and again.

in the end my solution was worse than the problems that got me drinking.

I think it's time you found better ways to deal with the pain, more support, more changes.

It's hard and it's scary yeah - but what kind of life do you want? what kind of future?

see that Dr and be totally honest....it's a start.

Then maybe think of more support?

D
Old 08-18-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, you know you can do it and you can feel good.

I do hope you talk to your dr.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanx Guys .. Dee; support is gonna be hard to come by when I have no friends & hate meeting people ..

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Alcohol was my solution too AW...when something was too hard or too scary I got drunk.

Didn't solve the problems of course, so I had to drink again....and again...and again.

in the end my solution was worse than the problems that got me drinking.

I think it's time you found better ways to deal with the pain, more support, more changes.

It's hard and it's scary yeah - but what kind of life do you want? what kind of future?

see that Dr and be totally honest....it's a start.

Then maybe think of more support?

D
Old 08-18-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

hey, AW. keep posting and reading here for now. i know how hard it is to pick yourself up off the floor when a relapse happens. we're here to help get you up. it's okay to be sad about the relapse but do not let that sadness fall into despair. sadness is okay. it's a normal human emotion. it can even be healing if it runs it's natural cycle. despair is toxic. sadness that feeds on itself, like a snake eating it's tail, turns to despair. despair is sadness without hope. have hope, AW. you've proved yourself capable of sobriety. you now have to look at your relapse and figure out how it went wrong. take a deep breath and pledge yourself to honesty. honesty with the people in your life and honesty with yourself. doing that will help you in more ways than you'll ever believe. remember, you don't ever have to feel this way again. you don't ever have to drink again. be honest, keep reaching out for help and don't despair. we're here for you.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You can do this AW!

Get to a doctor and start doing something positive for yourself. It will help your outlook and you CAN take control of your life.

Do you hate meeting people more than you hate how you feel right now? You need some help with this and the right "people" coupled with your own desire to change your life can make it happen....but first and foremost, you have to know that you need and want this change. Gotta start with YOU!!

We are here to help...and you don't even have to meet us! LOL!!

Thinking of you!
Old 08-18-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanx Guys .. Well; the first real test how "bad" I want it in a few minutes I have to go get Cigs and I am petrified ..
Old 08-18-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey AW..I have no words of wisdom..I'm still struggling up the hill...just wanted to say I'm wishing you the best .
Old 08-18-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Thanx Guys .. Well; the first real test how "bad" I want it in a few minutes I have to go get Cigs and I am petrified ..
take a deep breath and try to not be scared. being scared of something that may or may not happen in the future does you no good in the present. have a plan in place. don't go near the liquor section. set a timer for 1 or 2 minutes to get in the store and get out and be sure to GTFO when that timer goes off. that way you don't have time to wander the liquor department. take a deep breath before you go in and concentrate on breathing deeply and slowly while you're in there. don't get frantic.

don't anticipate failure. just live in each successful moment until this trial passes.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well got Cigs & water .. never even Looked at the liquor store up the street .. But still feeling nasty and my back is killing me ...
Old 08-18-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good job!!!

Day 1 and you are hanging in there! Glad you are checking in and staying active here. Keep that up...

Do you have plans to see a Doctor or Counselor this week August??