SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   False sense of security ? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/304525-false-sense-security.html)

ZoeM 08-18-2013 01:15 AM

False sense of security ?

I guess I thought that if I got Friday and Saturday nights out of the way, it would be 'plain sailing'. What a wake up call. Feeling really restless and ..well..irritable I guess you could call it.

NO WAY am I going to act upon any cravings - absolutely not. No way, am I going through withdrawals again for anyone or anything.
Just wanted to get my thoughts out there.

Thanks for being there x

ChefUK 08-18-2013 01:29 AM

Be strong Zoe, i'm sure the feeling will pass. Be busy and do something it should take your mind off it till the AV passes, i've just filled the dishwasher whilst making another cuppa.

ZoeM 08-18-2013 01:40 AM

Thanks - I've got into a word game on fb and feeling a bit better already. I ran out of hot choc so am back on coffee, which I think isn't helping :) I'll be fine honestly and thanks x

hypochondriac 08-18-2013 01:47 AM

Get yourself some chocolate, and go for a walk or something else you don't normally do. Sometimes cravings can sneak up on us but I am sure you're perfectly capable of dealing with them :) x

ZoeM 08-18-2013 01:53 AM

Thanks Hypohondriac :) I actually just got on the bathroom scales and after all that hot chocolate and icecream yesterday it's showing a gain of 3 lbs, so that's more than enough reason to drink nothing other than black tea/coffee today. It's weird, the craving went as fast as it came.
Never in a million years do I ever want to go through withdrawals again and I've messed about way too much over the past 4 years. This time it's for good :) xx

hayley86 08-18-2013 03:15 AM

Keep yourself and your mind busy Zoe. You are doing great. Be strong and keep your eye on the prize. Wishing you well. :)

ReadyAtLast 08-18-2013 03:36 AM

That's very normal to feel like that early on Zoe. Maybe use it as a good opportunity for you to deal with and overcome cravings. I got hit with cravings unexpectedly at 6 weeks,had no idea how to handle so drank :(

ALso, do something you enjoy,relax,treat yourself. If it's chocolate/ice cream you want have it. Anything to stop you drinking. Healthy eating etc can be dealt with when you've got more sober time

Congrats on your 10 days-you're doing great :)

ZoeM 08-18-2013 03:46 AM

Thanks Hayley, I will - my stop date would have been my mums bday, so not going to wreck that x

Readyatlast - Yes, I will. As you say, what's a couple of pounds in the grand scheme of things, can soon walk that off later. Just had a long soak in the bath with loads of bubbles. Extra bonus being, my hair takes forever to dry (it's the thick irish variety), so no way could I go out now, even if I wanted to :)

Thanks again for your support x x x