Notices

Vertigo and alcohol withdrawal

Old 03-14-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have had the same thing!!! The last 2 years my drinking got worse and I would be dizzy all of the time. I was always afraid of falling over. Then after quit drinking the dizziness was there for about 6 weeks. I think it definitely has everything to do with alcohol and nerves and blood sugar. So especially when I hadn't eaten (all i was eating was sugar when I quit) I would start to feel dizzy, then I would panic.. but then I would eat something and I felt a bit better in a few minutes.... but then I would still be worked up. I am over 3 months sober now and I don't have dizzy spells anymore. I hope you feel better. It's a very scary feeling.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I had to be taken to the ER at work twice for almost passing out at work after having a huge binge the night before.

When I was detoxing, I was so dizzy, it was almost impossible to stand up. After two weeks, I still have dizzy spells.

It sucked. I'm never going through that again.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hope your feeling better now Aarryckcha
Old 03-14-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Mrmellow11 View Post
Hope your feeling better now Aarryckcha
Much, thank you! I'm sure it helps that I've stopped putting poison into my body!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I had this when I was going through withdrawal...feeling like I was about to go down face first onto the pavement. I of course ignored it and drank and it would go away until I went through withdrawal again the next day. It hasn't happened since I stopped drinking.

That said. It is scary. If it continues see your regular doctor. Have a regular workup. If I wasn't drinking and wanted to alleviate it, I would breathe deeply. Drink water because you also might be dehydrated. I felt like this when I had a kidney infection and ended up in hospital for four days.

Good luck.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
Much, thank you! I'm sure it helps that I've stopped putting poison into my body!
Good glad to hear it