Notices

Nothin

Old 08-17-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I hope you come back and work at your recovery, get sober and find some peace. I know how difficult you are finding it but you do have the strength to get well. Listen to the good advice people are giving you here and remember that everyone cares and wants a positive outcome. Please don't ever stop trying. Wishing you the very best.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like Townes Van Sant too - but I want to ending to my story to be better than his, y'know?

It is hard - from the getting sober through the withdrawals and then having to deal with ourselves without numbing ourselves out with booze....

but for the first time in my adult life I don;t hate myself, I don;t feel like running away or hurting myself - I love my life I love who I am and I look forward to the future.

You can have that too Ach - as long as you don't give up and get the help you need, reach out for help for your alcoholism, and your depression and self loathing.

Things will get better - but you have to have the faith that they will.

D
Old 08-17-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

A little reminder of the rules guys
4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

It is also our policy not to allow threads that are purely to announce that you are unhappy here and "leaving the site'" or to post threads discussing why someone left or was banned. Such posts often detract from our purpose of providing support in recovery. Posts of this nature may be removed and continued posting of this nature could jeopardize your membership. If you wish to “leave” SR or just take a break from the site you are welcome to notify your friends via the Private Message feature.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
I've removed some posts.

To me reaching out for help is what we do here.

You don't like it, don't post to them.
Find another thread.

It's really that simple.

OK....let's all leave this tangent here.

Now.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 08-17-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm not quite clear what's gone on here re Ach's goodbye - or replies to same that have been removed.

The little I do know is that Acheleus is a fine young man, incredibly soulful / sensitive and plagued by depression. Yet he stayed sober for longer than I've been able to currently, and in the face of his clearly disabling depression or whichever other inner torments.

I do hope and pray that Ach can somehow, somewhere, by some means find that ever elusive door out of the Wood Between the Worlds (from the first Narnia story). If you're still listening Ach, I hope for you that 'when the student is ready, the teacher appears'.

Many blessings to you, Ach
xx
Vic