Notices

Day 4 and now i feel scared and on edge.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and now i feel scared and on edge.

Last night was gradually worst and i was climbing the walls. I have woken today and i am actually shaking a bit and 'My palms are sweaty knees weak arms are heavy theres vomit on my sweater already, mums spagehhti'

But seriously im feeling so on edge and scared as if something real bad is gonna happen at any moment. That impending doom feeling is the worst thing. All negatives and bad stuff i have done is clogging up my brain and trying to hold it together is proving a huge task. I just smoked a ciggarete and its made me worst and shake more and i am craving cola but the caffeine seems to really not help at all. What a catch 22! I cant literally do anything without feeling worst. Typing this is a massive effort right now. Man i feel s**t!

Old 08-17-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. Day 4 is notorious for being a stinker - the good news is, day 5 is when it's virtually all over Try and hang in there xx

PS My day 4 was on Monday - I could hardly walk to the taxi to go the mile into town. By yesterday I had walked into town, done the shopping and caught bus back with it - all in 75 mins
Old 08-17-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZoeM View Post
Hi. Day 4 is notorious for being a stinker - the good news is, day 5 is when it's virtually all over Try and hang in there xx

PS My day 4 was on Monday - I could hardly walk to the taxi to go the mile into town. By yesterday I had walked into town, done the shopping and caught bus back with it - all in 75 mins
I really hope so Zoe. Coz i'm feeling like death right now!
Old 08-17-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i did day 5 yesterday, and it was significantly easier than day 4.

Day 4 i could almost taste a cold beer in the back of my throat.

Hang on in there, tomorrow will be a good day.

It may help to lay off the coffee, caffeine is notorious for exacerbating anxiety symptoms. Easier said than done, I know!

For me getting outside helps, try taking a walk and sitting off somewhere peaceful, staying inside can give you cabin fever and intensify your anxiety.

And remember we are not the people we were yesterday, we are the people we are today.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't do what I did yesterday...I gave in on day 4 ...big mistake! Feel a lot worse now...hang in there.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

RJY I promise you x hang in there x
Old 08-17-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

RJY9 - I remember my day 4 and I couldn't stand, sweating through sweatshirt after sweatshirt. Throwing up. Dry heaving. Serious headaches. Stomach pains. I was actually praying for death to take me. For me, my withdraws lasted 10 days. That was just me. I was a raging/blackout drinker who would down a fifth of vodka and look for more. Now, I am 5 days away from being 5 months sober. It does get better. Just remember, when you feel like giving in what's worth more to you: Life or death?
I did not realize that I was dying. I remember self admitting myself into the hospitals many times with anxiety, constant headaches, stomach pains, etc ... the hospitals ran test after test only to find out that my liver was failing and my blood pressure was constantly around 192/123. STROKE MODE. The doctors asked me if I knew why this was happening and of course I lied to them and said no. I never told them I drank, yet I think they figured it out quickly. The doctors told me that "whatever I was doing to myself, I needed to stop ... NOW. If not, several things will bring me to my death. 1.) Stroke, 2.) Liver failure, or 3.) heart failure all at the age of 23 (at that time). Neglecting the doctors opinions ... I kept drinking and drinking and drinking... What almost killed me was when I blacked out while driving home from the bar one night, went off the road, jumped a ditch and almost took out someone's front porch of their family home. LIFE IS WORTH LIVING. It requires sacrifice of putting down the bottle and never to look in at it again.