SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   There goes my 5 days! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/304389-there-goes-my-5-days.html)

May73 08-16-2013 03:27 PM

There goes my 5 days!

Had a naff day at work. Trouble with one if my my sons. But the most important thing is I had a meeting to go to (which I didn't ) walked the dog all the time thinking its Friday I should be drinking. Didn't call anyone. I'd obviously made the decision to drink and that's what I did. Useless. But obviously still have the desire not to or I wouldn't be posting this!

gincognito 08-16-2013 03:56 PM

I did the same thing today, more or less. It's OK, just start again tomorrow.

May73 08-16-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by gincognito (Post 4126607)
I did the same thing today, more or less. It's OK, just start again tomorrow.

You know it. Lucky we gave the chance to

May73 08-16-2013 03:58 PM

*have not gave! iPhone meh ;(

Bubovski 08-16-2013 04:00 PM

Never mind! At least you got up 5! Better to keep sober but it
is not the end of the world.
Pick yourself up, brush yourself down & start all over again....oh yeah, and back to metings too.:ring

Hevyn 08-16-2013 04:00 PM

Hi you two. :) I did the same thing hundreds of times. Eventually we discover drinking doesn't make anything easier, more relaxing, more fun, etc. It isn't the solution to anything. It just gives us a slight break from our troubles by numbing us a bit - then it's back to reality and we're mad at ourselves all over again. I like your attitudes - back at it tomorrow. You're going to do this.

Petecrab 08-16-2013 04:01 PM

Good luck you 2. Get back on the wagon =]

Dee74 08-16-2013 04:02 PM

It's good not to beat ourselves up, but I do think we need to stop and look at what happened, learn our lessons, and do our utmost to ensure it doesn't happen again

No offense meant at all but 'Oh well I'll start again tomorrow' kept me drunk a lot of years.

D

May73 08-19-2013 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Murchovski (Post 4126611)
Never mind! At least you got up 5! Better to keep sober but it
is not the end of the world.
Pick yourself up, brush yourself down & start all over again....oh yeah, and back to metings too.:ring

I plan to go to a mtg this Friday. Off to one tonight and tomorrow night. Feeling pathetic. Day 3 though.

May73 08-19-2013 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4126616)
It's good not to beat ourselves up, but I do think we need to stop and look at what happened, learn our lessons, and do our utmost to ensure it doesn't happen again

No offense meant at all but 'Oh well I'll start again tomorrow' kept me drunk a lot of years.

D

I have a plan to go to a mtg this Friday. My boyfriend has been working away. Haven't seen him in over 2 weeks. He comes home Friday and I won't be home. Mind you I won't be in the pub and come home being a nasty cow and full of remorse the next day. I'll be in a mtg and come home feeling positive and be able to enjoy the time I'll get to spend with him.

You're right about learning from it to make sure it doesn't happen again. I just hate divulging "stuff going on in my life". I always worry what others will think so I say. Yeah it's all ok!! I won't next time xx thx