Notices

Stay sober this weekend!!! 16 - 17 - 18!

Old 08-17-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 2 and up early after sober sleep. Man, what a concept. Taking some real steps toward turning my life around this weekend. First: coffee. so helpful to see everyone here and supporting each other through Saturday's siren song...
Old 08-17-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm still dry after 4 days and want a Beer sooo badly! BUT! I say..
'Stick ya Drink where the Sun dont Shine alcohol you poisionous Demon'

2litre bottle of Sprite some junk food and a DVD! Thats my party tonight! ) Peace and love to you all! )
Old 08-17-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

It's been decided....

Filet mignon butterflied and pounded out thin. Finly sliced scallions (the long eway) and orange bell pepper... Seasoning and rolled. Cooked on the grill and glazed with a bit of soy honey ginger mixture. Never made before but I took all the things I saw online for this recipient and making my own.

Av is chattering.... But he is far enough that its mumbled. Oh well... Hope he is not choking or dying... Oh well.... I have things to do today. He will have to work it out himself.

K
Old 08-17-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,
I'm so glad to see all these shining faces on the weekend thread.

zoey - I'm with you on the house cleaning thing. You've inspired me to clean up my nest
nefer - Hey Pally, so glad you popped in to the house of weekend
soberclover - I hope you have fun and can relax a bit at your family gathering.
efra - Sorry to hear that your wife is an agitator. My x is too. Hopefully, some time will create a safe distance
Ladybug - So glad to hear about your 15 days and to see you here
Elina - Sounds like you had a really fun night. Did you ever fish Crappies with poppers? One of the greatest discoveries I've found in recovery is that fishing is more fun than ever
MrsL - congrats on your 4 1/2 weeks. Sounds like you are doing the good work. The cravings will pass. Pulling for you!
LadyBlue - So glad you've taken back your weekends
ForMeForThem - Awesome work on your 2 days! Stay close and let us know if things get tough
zalta - Way to go on your 1 week. Hang on to that good feeling. The hardest thing for me to learn was that it would slip through my fingers if I started using again
Love - Great to see you on the weekend thread
sobersovereign - Nothing like coffee on a sober morning
RJ - Good to see you and well done on your 4 days. You can do this! Way to give the AV the what for!!
ptcapote - The PA mountain country sounds lovely. Enjoy your weekend! And, yeah, DC is pretty intense
bigsombrero - Best of luck at your interview and I hope you can find some chill time this weekend. I always have to remind myself to breathe and picture the interviewers wearing clown noses. I'm sorry to hear about the difficult conversation with your friend. Being that she's your friend, I'm guessing she'll look past the comment.
amigorick - Congrats on your 2 days and enjoy your sober weekend!

Yeah, missing Mecanix. Hope he can stop in and say hi.

Took my dog, Maggie, for a walk this morning before it gets hot. Unfortunately, I have to work this weekend, but I'm grateful to not be hungover. Have a lovely day/evening everyone.

Peace,
Cas
Old 08-17-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

And for breakfast Ken :>)

"It is said that the Queen of Sheba used cinnamon to mesmerize King Solomon. So it has power. Prepare this bread pudding ahead of time so that in the morning, all you have to do is turn on the oven.
4 eggs
1½ cups milk
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ loaf day-old bread, cut into cubes
¼ cup pecans, chopped
Nonstick cooking spray
Maple syrup

In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon, and whisk until all the ingredients are completely incorporated. Stir the bread and pecans into the egg mixture. Coat an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in the bread pudding, and cover with foil. Let sit in the refrigerator at least one hour and up to overnight. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the bread pudding, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake an additional 10 minutes, until the pudding is browned. Serve hot with maple syrup."

Nice to read you and hope that you are well.

Valxxx
Old 08-17-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks Valll.... I wrote that down!

Really good to see you as well.

Mecanix is doing fine everyone. He had to skip a weekend thread. But no worries!

This is the part of Saturday that I need this thread most for.

K
Old 08-17-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 2 today and feel so much better than yesterday. Still a bit miffed that I was halfway through day 15 before starting over again, but what's done is done. I'll just take it as a lesson for the future. In case anyone was wondering, the wine I had on Thursday actually did not make any of my problems go away. I know, I know, what would you do without me to impart mind-blowing realizations....

Weasel--your recipe sounds great. I was in Fresh Market the other day looking at the array of meat and seafood and thinking about cooking...but I couldn't get the idea out of my head that wine MUST go with it it make it 'better', lol, so I walked away.

Happy sober Saturday to all! You guys are awesome.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

So good to read everyone's posts this morning! Day 16 here and feeling very tired today. The weather is beautiful so we took our dog and daughter to the park to go walking. Then stopped at a little cafe for some yummy bagel sandwiches. Now I just want to take a nap. I have no energy/motivation at the moment, but I'll take that over a hangover.

Weasel - you always make me hungry (and I just ate, a lot!!)

Will check in later, after a nap, hopefully. Stay strong all!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I've had a lovely day, I took my daughter and her friend to an aquarium and she told me it was the best day ever and I think so too, no hangover, no anxiety.

Struggling a little now as we are children free for the night sat with a cup of tea while my husband finishes some diy.

My AV is not shouting and I don't have any cravings but I can't stop thinking about should I, or should I not!!!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I wanna join! I pledge to stay sober too!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Dorris, I vote for 'should not'--stick to the tea . Think about how you good you felt today at the aquarium with no hangover or anxiety--you can feel that good tomorrow too!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I know your right Kadiee, it's just a niggle that won't go away, I'm hoping an hour or so on here will see me right.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Dorris, hang tough the feeling will pass.

PhxRick, good to see you here and, of course, you are welcome.

Happy sober weekend all.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Phxrick welcome here you are.
I finish work
Later I'm going to pot luck dinner with my divorcecare support group my first in a long very long time.
Hi lulu13. How r u
Old 08-17-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi Erfra, I am good. On day 28 I think, LOL.

How have you been? Sounds like you are doing well. I am happy for you.

Now if I could just get some motivation to get off these boards and get some chores done!
Old 08-17-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Well, I tried to nap, but then couldn't fall asleep so I took a hot shower instead. Was really cranky there for awhile. The irritability just comes out of nowhere sometimes?! Ugh. Saturday nights are usually really tough for me, but so far, so good. Maybe that AV took a nice long nap?

How is everyone else holding up this weekend?
Old 08-17-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Ladybugs can't be cranky :-) Maybe the AV is being nice and taking that nap for you. Hope he stays away the rest of the night.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Family party went really well. I'm home relaxing waiting for my dog to throw up...he ate a lot of things he shouldn't have during the family gathering....lots of kids dropping crumbs Not exactly an estatically fun-filled evening but I'm sober and I know I will be in for the rest of the night with no regrets tomorrow. For right now that is enough for this recovering alcoholic.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Goodnight Friends,
It was a decent, sober day. Was feeling a little down this afternoon mainly because of my insomnia, but I rallied this evening and managed to calm down. SR really helped with that. What would I do without this place? Ken, I'm pretty sure your dinner will show up in my dreams tonight. lol Congrats to everyone who poked their AV in the eye today!

Cheers,
Cas
Old 08-17-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi All, happy sober Saturday night (well, nighttime here in Philadelphia). I just got back from seeing "The Butler." Awesome movie. Amazing acting. I think Forrest Whitaker is fabulous in everything he does. Oprah can act, too! She played an alcoholic in the movie. I had no idea that was part of the story line but it wasn't a trigger. Anyway, I cried through the whole thing. Because that's what I do these days, it seems...I cry. I've always been a bit of a sap when it comes to sad movies but nowadays I cry when I am sad, when I am happy, when I am in-between, when I am hungry (nah, that's a bit of an exaggeration but still...)

And no, there is no other reason for it other than this seems to be a phase. It's so weird how when you've spent years numbing your emotions with booze or drugs and they finally come back online...they are SO unpredictable. At least I am not angry or depressed anymore so I guess I can tolerate walking around crying for a little while longer

Hope everyone is well. Zoe, I love that picture of the dog, btw. And Cas, thank you for always being so sweet and remembering what everyone has posted and having something sweet to say. Dorris, good to hear you're still fighting the good fight! I know it's tough at the weekends. Soberclover--I laughed when I read your post. I am staying with my friend who has chickens and she cleaned the coop today and her chi-weenie (yes, that is a chihuahua and dachshund mix---strangest looking animal...) decided to eat all the chicken poop before she got to pick it up. So, yeah, he's running around the house like something out of the Exorcist right now puking all over...it's lovely. Makes me want to cry

And, now a nice disgusting segue coming up from that last topic...food!

Ken, your dinner sounded fabulous! Did you chop the pepper up and put it in the steak roll as well?

Alright, off to follow Otto (the chi-weenie) around with the paper towels. My social life is BANGING, I tell you

But, hey, I'm sober.

Hugs to everyone and see you all tomorrow!!