Notices

Stay sober this weekend!!! 16 - 17 - 18!

Old 08-16-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
ForThem--I feel that too, the anxiety and disappointment and crazy thoughts of wanting to drink to 'calm down'
Welcome... It's the cycle , I think. Somewhere in that we've got to jump off and hold on for dear life , with everything you've got

cascademn : here's to a calm weekend

Old 08-16-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks Weasel and TR, I am in. One advantage to being unemployed is that everyday is the weekend so this is no different, LOL. I have nothing planned but am hoping to finally get some motivation so I can get some things done around the house. Also plan on bathing and grooming my 160 pound Newfoundland dog, that should be fun, wet and messy. Will also spend a lot of time on SR checking in on everyone's progress.

Heading to the dog park now to meet up with my daughter. Leaving my two beasts at home, they are going to be ANGRY!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Smile

Originally Posted by LuLu13 View Post
I have nothing planned but am hoping to finally get some motivation so I can get some things done around the house.
This is me , exactly. A million things to do but no mo

Tr
Old 08-16-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Me too, TR! I am sure my neighbors want to boot me out of the neighborhood as my bushes on the side of the house are so overgrown. Also much cleaning to do on the inside. I am going to make a list and take small steps, I am just soooo tired. We can do this TR. Thanks for being so supportive and present on the forums!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm in. Its so great to wake up feeling like a million dollars. I think I'll watch some movies and maybe go to the pool. Stay strong all.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by LuLu13 View Post
We can do this TR. Thanks for being so supportive and present on the forums!
a simple 8 letters that mean so much. Every poster , evey post , for courage alone , deserves some response , if only this....

Tr
Old 08-16-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

you don't have to do this alone... there's strength in numbers

Originally Posted by grocerease View Post
I'm in. Its so great to wake up feeling like a million dollars.
Grocerease : Welcome to the weekenders thread

Tr
Old 08-16-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Pa**ot Momma

Sign me up please..

Have a lovely one.

B
Old 08-16-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by bitmap View Post
Sign me up please..
Bitmap : Done , All that's required is the desire to be a part of this supportive thread

Tr
Old 08-16-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm in. This will be my first sober weekend for over year of constant binge drinking. Tomorrow is day 6 for me and I'll be spending the day with the in-laws. Nothing like a challenge when you're at your weakest.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I am sooo happy! My boyfriend got a call from his buddy and wanted him to go to the bar tonight. Usually, my b/f will succumb to peer pressure. Instead, my boyfriend told him he is taking me fishing tonight and then out to dinner for a fish fry!

Then tomorrow, we are expecting his daughter and grandson to come over and we'll probably grill out bratwurst. Gonna be a beautiful weekend!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Wow! Welcome folks! What a positive thread.

Ricky rocks!

I had a long day... Tired here so heading to lay in bed early.

If you are thinking of drinking. Think about the Wednesday next week. What will happen then?

I found thinking in the moment gave me permission.

Thinking about next week.... Well... Not the same. Gave me a little more help.

I will be hear tomorrow reading and loving my soberness.... Is that a word? Lol

K
Old 08-16-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Eleni, who could resist the famous Wisconsin fish fry? I went to a fantastic one earlier this summer near Hayward. Have fun and eat a piece for me.

Plat, good luck with the inlaws and hopefully it doesn't drag you down. One of my friends calls them the "outlaws" lol
Old 08-16-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm in too! This summer has been a blur, filled with way to much destructive behavior. Now I have bills and housework piling up... I plan on organizing my life this weekend and doing a big old clean of the house : )
Old 08-16-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Weasel FANTASTIC. I'm all for a sober weekend. Everybody have an enjoyable sober weekend.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hello Sober Weekenders! I was feeling like a mental milkshake earlier this evening but doing much better. Those rough waves aren't as bumpy as they used to be! Big family party tomorrow that I'm looking forward to but it will be bittersweet as my Uncle who I was really close to won't be there. There are a lot of "firsts" in sobriety and I am seeing this family gathering as that. With almost 9 months I have had a lot of successful "firsts" so I'm feeling pretty confident. If the urge pops up tonight, remember how wonderful you will feel with that cup of coffee in the morning looking out your window at the day ahead of you. Sober Saturdays rock!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

hi everybody I'm for it. it's Friday I did have a little push before I finish work my soon to be ex-wife call me but I decide not to answer and she is a big trigger but I it was not worth it. I just start work this week and is hot here (BC, Canada) and that is another trigger but is better if I stay sober and enjoy life plus I'm working a few hours tomorrow.
I wish you all a fun sober weekend one day at the time.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sorry I am late joining, but I am here and ready for another sober weekend. Ending Day 15. Had some cravings earlier today, but a visit to the gym and drinking lots of water helped. We cooked out some jalapeņo burgers tonight and just relaxed. Just finished giving my daughter a bath and now I am eating way too much butter pecan ice cream! Where did this sweet tooth come from?

No big plans for the rest of the weekend. Will be here a lot and looking forward to helping each other make it through another day
Old 08-16-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Right behind you Ladybug2!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Just returned home. We caught 34 crappie!!! First time I fished sober in 13 years. We had a very tasty catfish dinner at Eagles Club. My boyfriend had one beer and I had a Sierra Mist. Now we are relaxing watching a bit of TV before hitting the hay. Hope everyone has a super weekend!