Notices

another day done....another day sober

Old 08-15-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

another day done....another day sober

I did have a bit of a urge today and almost talked myself into having some beer. I got off early from work, and it was beautiful here. I thought as I was leaving that I would go to the liquor store and sit on my deck and enjoy a few beer. Thankfully the rational side of my brain kicked in and stopped it from happening. I can go to bed knowing that in the morning I will be sober and feeling great, ready to start day 7. Have a good night everyone.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job not letting yourself talk you in to it, stay strong.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great Job!! One day at a time.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job!
I believe that each day will get a little bit easier.....even if only for a minute.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
quat

Nice catch there, weird as it may sound I think that really is how to do it, acknowledge the urge , since you decided to not give in to urges, decided to not drink , don't.
Simple and yet hard as hell, it does seem easier with each passing day. Good on you, in the am you are going to be so damn glad
Old 08-15-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Live in the moment

I like to try and think it all the way thru. More specifically to the point where the feelings of misery and extreme guilt kick in the following morning. Basically what dwtbd alluded to. As opposed to feeling the awful feeling of throwing away valuable sober time you will wake up with a smile on your face and eager to embrace a brand new day. Because who knows, if you wake up feeling that dread you may just justify drinking the dread away and there it goes. The cycle is in full motion. So as hard as it may b at times, if you can try and think it all thru when you're romanticizing that drink...It may just remind you where you were not too long ago.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you made a good choice bndb

D
Old 08-15-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Equals
From "What is sponsorship?"

"Alcoholics Anonymous began with sponsorship. When Bill W., only a few months sober, was stricken with a powerful urge to drink, this thought came to him: 'You need another alcoholic to talk to. You need another alcoholic just as much as he needs you!'
"He found Dr. Bob, who had been trying desperately and unsuccessfully to stop drinking, and out of their common need A.A. was born. The word 'sponsor' was not used then; the Twelve Steps had not been written; but Bill carried the message to Dr. Bob, who in turn safeguarded his own sobriety by sponsoring countless other alcoholics."
"In A.A., sponsor and sponsored meet as equals, just as Bill and Dr. Bob did."