Notices

I need some magic here.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need some magic here.

What was a 2 person interview tomorrow, has turned into a 3 person panel that will interview me. I am very nervous.
I have 3 letters of recommendation. 3 references that are well known in the Industry, and the Vice President knows all of them. I also have a reference within the company, that works very close with the Vice President.
I have only had to Interview like this one time before, but it was with people that I knew and worked with for years.
Please send good thoughts my way. This will change the financial landscape of my families life, and will give me a chance to really prove that I am capable and will not "fall". I can do this, and i know I will do it well. Here goes nothing.

Thank you SR. Thank you God. Thank you Universe. Thank you!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You really can do this. I believe in you Just know you are walking in there with the qualifications and you deserve it as much as anyone. Focus on your strengths and try to feed yourself nothing but positive thoughts... even if you have to force it. Deep breaths. Smile

You got this!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think the only thing that is scaring me, is my work history over the last year. I left a management position because I needed to get the hell out of a sexist environment that I found myself in. We relocated here, and ever since the relocation I have had a hard time finding where I fit. When I finally got the job I thought I wanted, I lost it. Now, I am thinking I can do this again, but here i am feeling a little worried that I do not look stable.
This may not look good to prospective employers.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Best of luck Mizz. I know you will give it all you've got. I will be thinking of you x
Old 08-15-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Do you have a way to explain to time off?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hi

You've done all the right things , quitting alcohol being one and you are a terrific person

Sending good thoughts & encouragement
Old 08-15-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wow!
Congrats! You are so lucky and deserving to have that kind of interview to be real! Do a great job for all the ones not so lucky and makes us as proud for you as we can be! Just remember if it was easy, everyone would have one coming too! Knock em dead, and if you get over wrought during just picture each of them on the pot in your mind's eye. Remember when you were not doing so well and were looking so capable on the job and were drinking nights? Some of them may be as well. Focus on your strengths, and the frailties become minor.
Make your luck, and make it good!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well, there was not anytime off per say. I was working a deli job for a short duration, then I quickly moved back into the Industry. I was demoing at the same time, and started school around then. I think that the demos and school work are the way to go. So, the demos and school was the main focus until I started part time as a product consultant.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EndGame

Hi Mizzuno.

They already like you, and now they want to like you in person.

I've learned that the less I obsess about an interview, the better prepared I am. Like watching an episode of Dexter on my way to the interview. (I live in Manhattan, so cabs and subways are my modes of transportation.) Whenever possible, I've walked to interviews when they've been less than three miles or so from where I live, to clear my head and shake off the jitters.

They already know about your abilities; now they want to feel comfortable working with you.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Mizz -
You deserve all the good thoughts and vibes.
So, there's three people instead of two? You just have a chance to shine a little brighter.
You relocated - that's a really good reason to leave a job.
The sexist environment reason is something I would encourage you to refrain from listing as a reason. First, you don't want to rip on a past employer - especially as sexist. That can really scare off a potential employer because they don't have all the facts. Boy, that's a real can of worms - even if it's as true as the day is long.
You're going to school to better your career so that's a really good thing.

You relocated, took what work was available, and now you're looking for a position with potential for growth. Sounds good to me.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Miz

D
Old 08-15-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You go Girl! Just be confident and make sure to listen to eye of the tiger
Old 08-15-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearLight View Post
Hey Mizz -
You deserve all the good thoughts and vibes.
So, there's three people instead of two? You just have a chance to shine a little brighter.
You relocated - that's a really good reason to leave a job.
The sexist environment reason is something I would encourage you to refrain from listing as a reason. First, you don't want to rip on a past employer - especially as sexist. That can really scare off a potential employer because they don't have all the facts. Boy, that's a real can of worms - even if it's as true as the day is long.
You're going to school to better your career so that's a really good thing.

You relocated, took what work was available, and now you're looking for a position with potential for growth. Sounds good to me.
Right, I was not going to mention the sexist thing. I will hold my tongue on all of that crap. Also, I will not talk about the drug laundering no matter how "medicinal" it may be to some people.

I also will not be speaking about how I came to be in this position anyways. I have been doing well ever since that horrible ride in the sky

I have been prepped by a superwoman of a friend who essentially runs the company. She has gone above and beyond the call of duty. No matter what, I am taking my interviewing skills out and letting them see the light of day.
All of this change is enough. I just want to have a stable situation under me, and let my husbands view of me change. My own view of myself change.

I am thankful to be a member of a site where the belief in me is powerful. I am not feeling much support right now here, so getting it out from the ethers is pretty powerful. Thank you!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Mizz. Sending good vibes your way. I know it is scary and nerve racking to interview in front of a panel of 3 people. I had to interview with a panel of 3 people for the job I have now. Don't sweat it, it isn't that bad. Your true colors will shine and I am sure you will get the job. Best of luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Mizz - you've got the best weapon to fight your fear which is your sobriety. I totally understand being nervous in a panel interview, but I have a hunch that you will do great! I'll be thinking of you. :-)
Old 08-15-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Mizzuno, yes you can do it, you are FANTASTIC.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Mizz, just catching up late but wanted to be sure to wish you good luck and tell you that you will be FABULOUS. Because you are fabulous.

Will be thinking of you and sending you lots of good wishes! Let us know how it goes!!