Notices

Had a brainwave..

Old 08-15-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had a brainwave..

My money arrived in the bank this morning and usually, after I've paid bills, bought food etc, well..you can imagine where the rest used to go.
SO, I decided to get temptation out of the way.. went onto ebay and spent THE LOT on new clothes. This means, that my brain can moan all it wants for alcohol this time, it's impossible to get any!

I know from previous experience, that when temptation is removed, things are SO much easier..Plus, I get new clothes to put on my (hopefully) shrinking bod

Yep, nothing's gonna stop me this time!!

xx
Old 08-15-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a great plan! I've though about "paying" myself for not buying alcohol and using the money to do cool stuff like get a massage, buy some new shoes, etc. It's about 60 a week, so that would add up quickly!!! Keep up the good work Zoe!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks JoJo I know we often feels strange buying ourselves gifts, but we were using that money before anyway (on booze). Perhaps for the first few months or so, we should use it as a reward? x
Old 08-15-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Zoe,

Ha! I did the same thing. Bought myself a laptop and a new camera as rewards and to have something else to do other than drink. Yeah, I love this idea!

Junegirl
Old 08-15-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you Junegirl!! It was actually quite amazing to go onto ebay and be 'selective'. Before, I would go on legless and it's amazing the stuff I thought I needed And, the prices I would pay for them 'determined' to win them!
The mornings I have woken up and thought ' I bought WHAT??? for HOW MUCH???'
Old 08-15-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I too cringe whenever I try to calculate in my head how much money I've spent on booze over the years. I actually make a pretty good living, but have a lot less to show for it because of all them money I've spent on alcohol and cigarettes (not to mention other, but not as damaging, frivolous crap.) I think I make at least 2-3 times as much as my dad when he was my age (adjusted for inflation!). But I don't even come close to my parents' standard of living they have now in their retirement (and they helped to put 3 sons and my mom through college!), and the only explanation I have is that I smoked and drank a good chunk of it away.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is the best buzz when sober, new clothes!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Dadman - at least you can reverse that now Imagine how hard it must be, to only realise once you're past pension age
x
Old 08-15-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Pete - sure is Especially when the weight starts coming off and you look better in them.