Notices

crap...on again

Old 08-14-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation crap...on again

OK...so I had such a horrible migraine this afternoon that I ended up taking a fioricet...I am so angry with myself right now but those are the only thing that cures my migraines...I am blissfully numb right now in my face that I am "content" with life again but very angry with myself for caving into the trap...is it normal to feel like this after "falling off the wagon" as so to speak?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's normal to beat yourself up, yeah - not much point to it tho
Have you explored other options for treating your migraines, Sarah?

D
Old 08-14-2013, 11:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I see a neuro and this is what he prescribed. This latest prescription has lasted me from May up until now and I am not really concerned about the abuse potential, just finding relief from it all...

I know there is not much sense into beating myself up over it but this migraine was SOOOOO intense that I had no choice but to take it...right now, I cannot feel anything from the neck up and the migraine is gone...I am very drowsy at this point, and numb from my head to my toes...I know headaches are part of the withdrawl process and I wish I could get a handle on this but this one came on very intensely...my other migraine medicine (Relpax) was not kicking it and this one does work...

I hope this is a minor hump I can get over with the headaches and be done...
Old 08-14-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

If Fioricet is not a drug you abused (I see it's not an opiate) and you've taken it as directed for a legit condition, I think maybe you are being a bit hard on yourself.

We need to be careful, sure, but we shouldn't have to live in pain either.
D
Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is what I thought too Dee and perhaps I am being hard on myself currently...I just dont know...
Old 08-15-2013, 12:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Forget being numb from the neck up, its from the head down now...I feel MUCH better...
Old 08-15-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

951 pm here in Honolulu and I have hit a depressive episode with this...I feel miserable like I've done something wrong by taking this...I know I need to go to the ER in the morning because this headache came back full force but I am exhausted and hope to sleep some of it off tonight, though I know in the morning I will have a rebound headache, which typically happens with a migraine for me...I am exhausted beyond belief and hope to fall off soon. I would go tonight to the ER but too damn tired...cant find the energy to go to the ER...I just wanna lie in a dark room (which I am doing currently), curl up in the fetal position and cry...this headache is coming back full force for me...but, the best I can do is sleep it off tonight and pray I wake up with a less intense one in the morning...but, I know better too... may tomorrow be a better day.

On the plus side, this fioricet has helped with the w/d symptoms somewhat. I dont feel as lethargic as I have today, albeit exhausted right now...I know that is a side effect of the fioricet so I am not concerned and honestly hope that I get a restful night sleep out of this...

Blessings to all and I will see you all tomorrow...good night...

s~