Notices

Trying again.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying again.

I was here same time last year. My last drink was on 08/19/2012. I was good for 34 days until I felt 'ok' to drink.

I reverted back to my old ways. I can make the excuse that I'm not as bad as I was last year. I drank in the morning, and all day on weekends. Now I only drink at night be it weekday or weekend.

I'm tired of it though. I don't know where to turn. All AA groups start when I'm at work. I'm willing to go anywhere for help, but I simply don't know where to start.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you checked Rational Recovery? There's a nice long set of threads on AVRT in the Secular Connections forum. It definitely has made the difference for me on my way to being poison free.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, you've made an excellent start by coming here - this site is phenomenal x
Old 08-14-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What hours do you work?
Old 08-14-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you want to try AA, find one of the main meeting places and get a meeting schedule. In my town, they have meetings all day from 7am till midnight. Hopefully you should find a meeting that works around your work schedule.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

try this link....

Advanced Search for Meetings
Old 08-14-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
quat

try googling Rational Recovery, I stumbled upon it recently took the free crash course and haven't looked back since, highly recommend
good luck
Old 08-14-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can also try online meetings at stepchat.com

I go to their online meetings from time to time when I can't make a face to face AA meeting.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Try to ease up on yourself a little. Addiction isn't a joke, it's serious business. Very few people are able to stay sober the first time they try. Think about it like riding a bike. Nobody can really do it right away, instead we fall off, learn what we did wrong, and keep getting on it until we can ride.

Welcome and congratulations on making the decision to get sober. That's the first and most important step!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eddiebuckle View Post
What hours do you work?
11-8. My day starts at 7 with camp and such. Then I'm home at 830.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nomis View Post
Try to ease up on yourself a little. Addiction isn't a joke, it's serious business. Very few people are able to stay sober the first time they try. Think about it like riding a bike. Nobody can really do it right away, instead we fall off, learn what we did wrong, and keep getting on it until we can ride.

Welcome and congratulations on making the decision to get sober. That's the first and most important step!
I've reserved myself to accept that I'll be this way til I die. There was a time where I drank to end it all. But everyone doesn't die in year 2 of alcoholism.

I have no friends, no life...no nothing. So sitting down at night with beer keeps me happy and sane. But I'm tired of feeling like crap. I tired of not going to family events cause I'm such a loser.

If I stop drinking its like breaking up with the love of my life. My drinking is always cool. but there are no people around. Everyone at my job just sees the drinking before they see me.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
try googling Rational Recovery, I stumbled upon it recently took the free crash course and haven't looked back since, highly recommend
good luck
Thank you. I'll try it. I lied. There is an AA in my area it's at 8pm on Saturdays. But what do I do all week. I feel that I cant whit knuckle it til Saturday.