Notices

Praying

Old 08-14-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Praying

I've been really trying to open up to my Higher Power in the morning. My hope has been deteriorating - I thought our kids were going to come home, well, a long time ago (it's been five weeks today!) - and I need to get that feeling back. Me and hopelessness is not a good combination.

So, this morning, I got up earlier than normal. I gave myself extra time to pray. I said the serenity prayer and the third step prayer, and then I prayed that today would be a better day. I asked that we get good news about the kids, but that I understood that it's in his time, not mine. I prayed for the women that we've been dealing with at Family Services, that their days aren't filled with horrible situations and neglected children, and that they are kind and open with the people that they have to deal with.

My husband called me 45 minutes ago. Our safety plan is being lifted and our kids will be home tomorrow.

Turns out this thing works.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is wonderful news. I am so happy for you. Your prayers have been answered. How is your sobriety going noexcuse?
Old 08-14-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

After a horrific phone call last Friday when we were told that we were basically 'too eager' in meeting the requirements of Family Services by getting the things done that they wanted us to do too fast, I screwed up and drank away the misery this last weekend. So I've recommitted to get back with the program and do the right thing. I did so well during all of the hardest times, but it wasn't until I felt myself losing hope that I threw in the towel. And for what? Only a couple of days later and I got the phone call that things are turning around.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am confused "TOO EAGER'. This involves children, and what loving parent would not be too eager?
It is good that you saw where the drink will take you, and that running to an "Alcohol solution" never helps anything. I do understand though. Keep your resolve. Those children need you, and you need them. I am very happy for the whole family.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep, I was very confused as well, which was why I started to feel so helpless. Do nothing, it looks bad, do everything, it looks bad. They felt that we were merely doing everything that we could strictly to get the kids back into our home and weren't 'truly engaging in the treatments in a beneficial manner.'

Thanks so much, Mizzuno. I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to be the mom that I aways wanted to be. The only thing that alcohol can, and will, do is take what may be my last opportunity away from me.