Notices

Thinking out loud

Old 08-14-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thinking out loud

So I知 on day 15 of being sober. First time in a long time I have made it this long. I知 not really sure what you call me but I think I fit into the binge drinking category. Drink for several days and then stop to for a couple days to recover, and then do it again. This month has been a roller coaster; I own my own business and had a client stiff me for a large amount of money. So it put me and my family in a financial bind. So when I ran out booze 15 days ago and it would have been totally irresponsible of me to further my financial bind by buying booze. So I figured now is the time to quit. It was kind of a blessing in disguise. I feel better physically and mentally. I知 playing with my kids in the evenings again and helping my wife around the house more. So really I have all these positives right now. Yet I知 Fantasying about drinking again. I will finally be able to pay myself tomorrow for the first time in almost a month. The voice in my head is telling me I deserve it. I知 hoping by throwing this out there, that when I cut payroll tomorrow I won稚 be stopping off on my way home. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,
I am on day two so you are ahead of me. Being a repeat binger/relapser though, I recognize "the Beast's voice" in that it is saying that you can be functional with a drink, you deserve a drink when you pay yourself, blah, blah, blah"....
all I can say is don't listen to that voice!!
Tell that damned Beast that you are not going to feed it and hear him roar, but don't pay attention!! Good luck to you...
Old 08-14-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Look,why throw away the time you have,you've said yourself that things are better,helping the wife and being there for the kids. I'm sure that your family is loving the way you are being and why would you want to take that away from them? Don't. Take the first drink and the rest is easy. The addiction will tell you all kinds of lies why you should ,don't listen to it,it's not true and it'll only take away everything you love and leave you with nothing in the end...Best of luck to you on your sober journey!!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think that you could always look at it like saving more money. I commend you for not drinking when times were hard. Just knowing that it was not responsible says a great deal about your character. What if you gave it one month? Your half way there.
Coming to this forum is a wonderful way to receive support. You would not have posted if you didnt think that you had a problem with alcohol.
I would like to see you succeed, and keep moving into feeling physically better as well as mentally. One month?
Old 08-14-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
quat

hail said
I feel better physically and mentally
I am right about with you on day count and its been yrs since that long without drinking for me too, I dunno about you but what you said right there is a great reason for me