Notices

Day 3. Confused.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3. Confused.

Today is day 3 if not touching any alcohol. I stumbled across this site whilst looking for alcohol withdrawal symptoms.

Currently questioning if I do have a problem or I'm in denial. I'm not sure, or I'm trying to justify that I can control my drink if I limit days of the week.

I hope it's ok to right it down.

The past year my drinking has slowly increased to the odd glasses of wine each week, to every single day, to the past 4months I've had no less than 10units a day. That's a good "day". Saturday started bad where I consumed my first drink 10:30am (I've only ever started drinking occasionly midday or after) mostly evenings. By the end of Saturday I had consumed around 30units... At least half if not more was consumed on my own.

I've stopped cold turkey, and have not felt this sick in a long time.

I'm only 21, I can't remember when it started getting so bad.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've also noticed terrible spelling mistakes. Apologies, my head is very hazy and it feels like I'm slightly tipsy.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome flower

There is great support and advice here well done on 3 days. It's surprising how quickly drinking can turn into heavy drinking into problem drinking you can cross the line before you realise you have a problem. It's great you are addressing the situation so young. xx
Old 08-13-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Flower,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your three days. That is huge! There are a lot of people here who can relate to your situation and the questions you are asking. Posting here honestly and writing in a journal are great ways to work on recovery.

I know you're suffering now, but it gets better. Just don't drink, one day at a time.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Flower! Glad to have you join the family.

It's so good that you want to talk about what alcohol is doing to your life. At 21 I would never have admitted there was a problem - so I just kept trying to manage it. I wish I'd done what you are - things would have been so different. I went from enjoying a few once in awhile to drinking all day. In the end, I was completely dependent on it. I hope you'll find the answers and support you need by being here. You'll never regret reaching out for help.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome flower. It gets better =] keep on going!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Flower!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello Flower!!! You've come to a wonderfully supportive site. A lot us have been right where u are now. It will get better. Congratulations too!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on your three days,listen,you have answered your own question. Sometimes all we need to do is look at what we write to see if there's a problem.you are in the right place and on the right road...keep up the great work and just know all of us are just a click away and right here if you need us...BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ON YOUR SOBER JOURNEY!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Flower

sounds to me like you know this is a little more than just being a problem drinker...
it's really good you've decided to do something about this now.

There's a ton of support here and a lot of ideas.

If you're feeling poorly, maybe seeing your Dr is a good first step?

D