(previously uksupport)

Originally Posted by FreddyBear View Post
I'm fckn done with it.
Here here!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by uksupport View Post
Here here!
I agree. Why even put yourself at risk of falling into old habits?
Old 08-13-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Realising my life

I didn't drink to get drunk - but I always ended up that way Moderation is a non-starter for me.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I don't think anyone starts out liking the taste..but I believe it can be acquired after troughs of it : ) Just last night I was pouring a glass of white wine in a chilled glass at the restaurant I work at and I honestly missed "the taste". Same as beer, I started out hating the stuff. In highschool, we we managed to get our hands on the stuff, I would plug my nose to drink it in order to get it down. I wanted the effect. But eventually I did grow to like the taste of a cold beer.

For me, I have lost my desire for the effect. I don't want what alcohol does to me. That's not to say there have not been moments in my early sobriety where I have craved escape in anxious moments..but for the most part, I want to face my life without the effect of alcohol. I see little logic in the "effect" of one or two for a variety of reasons. Why moderate a toxic liquid? Maybe I should try moderating controlled whiffs of gasoline?
Old 08-13-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Oooh...Trust me you are not alone..
It is impossible now for me to have a beer. It seems pointless..Not rational to most, but pointless to me.

2 week ends ago my wife and out were at an outside restaurant in the mid afternoon. Beautiful sunnny day.. Great fish and chips. They had alcohol on the menu, of course I go a pepsi (even though I want a coke..another story)...I notice these 2 elderly people. Both got a glass of wine (normal size not my 8 oz servicing size) and literally sipped it for 45 minutes with their meal. They paid their cheque and moved on with their afternoon.

That is moderation...No way could I or would I want to do that..It was so much easier at this point for me to have the pepsi and enjoy my meal and the lovely afternoon.

My experience anyway.. I have tried to moderate, unsuccessful for a while..For me just doesn''t work..
Old 08-19-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I am thankful I'm not alone.