Notices

Mixed Feelings

Old 08-12-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mixed Feelings

Well I woke up this morning with 21 complete days under my belt. I am so grateful for that. As I start day 22 I have mixed feelings. I have happiness and yet I have anger. I am angry at what alcohol has taken away from me. I have zero pictures of my kids graduations. Oh the pictures were taken but when I saw my disgusting face, how bloated I was, how messed up I looked, I either deleted the pictures or threw them away. There are many many other reasons for me to be angry at what alcohol has done to my life, but I think the big moments in my kids lives and not to have the pictures to look back on are the most sad for me. I know there are going to be other occasions and with Gods help and my determination to not let this evil back in my life I will look back on those memories with a smile. Thanks for listening I just wanted to vent. But hey 21 DAYS!!!!!!!! That makes me very happy.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 21 days! Don't let the past taint your present or future! You will have plenty of happy family photos with a healthy mom to look forward to!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on starting day 22, one day at a time. Boy do I identify on all the losses due to drinking. I realize now it never has to be repeated if I don’t pick up the first drink,,, no matter what! I also find out that the future gets better and better staying sober in spite of myself getting in the way at times.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Those mixed feelings are normal. I remember the regret coming on me like a wave. It is not surprising seeing as that is exactly the sort of stuff I drank over so when I got sober it was raw and painful. It passes though as the feelings of accomplishment in sobriety take over. Well done on 21 days