Notices

My husband; is this normal

Old 08-11-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My husband; is this normal

I realize that the fact that I am posting this suggests that it is not.... We went to a bike race this weekend, he purchased drinks for the hotel room afterwards. (We have 2 small children 5,3 that require parenting 24/7) I had two small white wines with dinner, he had two full strength**) beers. At the hotel he drank with diet coke a half of a pint. That morning I mentioned the 8 alcohol units associated with what he drank. He stated that it was only "two drinks worth". Wtf!!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of people downplay how much they drink wasatchgirl, but particularly if they feel it's above acceptable levels...

are you worried about your husband's drinking?

D
Old 08-11-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm guessing this is not the only occasion you have had cause for concern?
Old 08-12-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
totfit

It is not moderate drinking by quite a bit, but not outrageous for occasional drinking either for many. It would be considered a bit heavy.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Normal for him? IDK. Sounds like he wanted a buzz. Did you guys watch the bike race or was he a participant? A lot, but by no means all or even most, cyclists love to drink after a tough ride. I know I did. Macho and all that, LOL....

If he does that sort of thing now and then, and he doesn't yell at the kids, drive, get abusive or makes an @ss out of himself... Then what is not "normal" is your micromanagement of the situation.

If he does it frequently, you might consider sharing your concerns with him and setting some boundaries... Not rules so much, rather what you will tolerate and will not. I too have experience with too many drinks and pills and a night in a hotel room with kids and wife. No one got hurt except me and my pride and I lost a little cred with the teenagers..... I was an @ss and that is one of several nights I wish I could take back.

Welcome to SR.... There is a family section as well.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

In case anyone is interested, I read the following years ago but facts are facts. A light social drinker has the equivalent of 1 beer, glass of wine or highball ONCE EVERY 2 WEEKS! OMG I’m so far off the scale!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry to double dip...

There are also cultural and religious norms for drinking as well... I see Wasatch in your name (awesome beautiful country, I am jealous, lol). I know that Mormons don't drink and that what you witnessed was something that many religions won't tolerate.

Or I could be offensively off base and if I was, please pardon me.... If I am not, it is a very important topic that you and he need to address. You have a new family and it's worth doing a little preventative work now.