Notices

Failed again :(

Old 08-11-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Failed again :(

Totaly my fault, now all i need to do is try and pick myself up and work harder at being sober.

So looks like tomorrow will be day 1 again.

Nothing more i can say!

Old 08-11-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Chin up :-) day one ......good luck ..you can do this xx
Old 08-11-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Erratic. You are right - pick yourself up & give it another go. Sometimes we need further convincing. Sounds like you learned something and are ready. We're rooting for you.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Good job coming back
Can you identify what caused it ?
Cmmon I know you can do this
Old 08-11-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hi Erratic,

Forget about it. It's not worth the worry and trouble to reproach yourself for drinking. I use to say to myself to try even harder. Didn't work well for me because I was already trying too hard as it was and without joy in my trying.

Trying smarter worked wonders for me. It meant me accepting I was dragging my heels a bit before with trying harder, but nonetheless after swallowing my pride I could see that I really would do best for myself if I could live a life that fitted well with what I was trying to do with my quitting drinking.

Changing things up to get what I wanted from not drinking helped me more then I can say in a few words, lol. Is there anything you've learned about yourself and past drinking you can change out for something better so as to help you finally be successful with quitting drinking?

I've read earlier posts where you're sharing about dealing with BPD and the issues and situations around all that too. You have a lot on your plate already, and reproaching yourself for drinking will not be helpful, I'm thinking. Give yourself a much deserved break and just begin again with a fresh start.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're not on your own, day 1 again for me too. One day it might sink in that to stop drinking I have to do more than just say it. I'm annoyed with myself - thought I could do better this time. Apparently not.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Maybe it is the teacher in me, but I don't see failure. I see an opportunity to try again utilizing a different strategy
Old 08-11-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

James18 : Make today the day . It's hard , but we can do this . I've had many day 1's , but from each one I gain some ground . You're here , posting , back on the sober path . Youre not alone. We're all pulling for you

Tr
Old 08-11-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Hey guys thanks for your replies it means alot.

Thanks robby, i understand where ur coming from. 6yrs ago i did give up drink for a year and i did change things around me and also went to AA. This time im unsure how to change things? I have now got membership for the gym, i did this last time around. Instead of AA i have been reffered to alcohol services which i have tried once. I guess i just need the back up to keep me bz and sober. I also need a brain change, i seem to be fighting diffrent battles and one step makes one backwards, but i forget the sideward step which is the one thats getting me.

Least i am keeping on trying, if i give up now, i lose my family so i need to get myself sorted.

Also last time i gave up drink, couple of months later i gave up smoking, which i found the easiest out of the 2, maybe i need to stop smoking as i smoke when drinking and not the other way round.

Again thanks everyone and triky and good luck james aswell as me 1 day tomorrow.

huggles to u all and xx
Old 08-11-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If you slip regain your balance and move forward. If you fall get up dust yourself off and move forward. It ain't easy. But well worth the effort!!! Try not to look at it like a failed attempt. If u hit a bump in the road try learn from it. The road will get smoother.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 1 again for me too. Had 2 days in a row last week. Hope I can go longer this time. This is way more difficult than I ever imagined it would be.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks jump xx the longer i go im sure it will get smoother it did last time.

Scintillady i understand what ur going through hun. Its taking steps, if u can do 2 steps and one step back least u gained one x do it futher ur brain will recognise and may get out of the pattern your in. On the how difficult it is? hell this is the hardest thing ive tried giving up, but it is worth it in the end x
Old 08-11-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Erratic

you know what I always say - make a plan - look at what the problem areas are for you and make plans to deal with all of them - find support, and make those changes

You can do this

D
Old 08-11-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You're not the only one to try and fail. I doubt there's a person here who hasn't tried and failed many times before it stuck. So? Day 1 again. And tomorrow will be Day 2. Keep at it, you can do it.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Don't give up, you will get there. Every day is a new beginning.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Erratic, SR is rootin for ya!
Old 08-11-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Reading about what you think you could do differently and how you feel you have some things in your brain that could use some tinkering. How about seeing a therapist for that? The first time I got sober, I was seeing an amazing therapist and really got alot in my head straightened out. Yes, after a year, I thought I was "cured" of my alcohol abuse and returned to it, alternating with years of sobriety, but even now, working on staying sober again, I have alot to draw on from my time with my therapist.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I think it's awesome that you can make a mistake and keep trying! You sound like you lost a battle, not the war!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks again guys you have gave me alot of good advice on how to see things.

Its day 1 today

Bebetter, i have my first appointment at alcohol service on the 21st so will see what happens there, that might give me the boot up the bum i need. Sounds good in having a good therapist i hope it keep helping u hun x
Old 08-12-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Really pleased you're back xx