SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Which day is the most difficult? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/303746-day-most-difficult.html)

jojoreese 08-10-2013 08:39 PM

Which day is the most difficult?

I am not big on surprises, and I've honestly tried sobriety before, so when will it hit the hardest? I've made it 4 days before, but knowing exactly when the next drink was coming, so I don't know if that counts. I want to be ready with a list of strategies for that first stressful afternoon after a long day at work...

goldiilocks 08-10-2013 09:44 PM

For me its not really the number of the day when I've fallen off, its more when I allow myself to entertain the idea that I might not have a problem or when I give myself excuses for why I should be allowed to drink. When I romanticize my feelings of getting and staying drunk.

grocerease 08-10-2013 10:01 PM

All the days are different. If you want to make things better and you think you have a problem and want to see if sobriety can be a benefit, give it a shot. It is completely up to you.

360shoes 08-10-2013 10:15 PM

Which day is the most difficult?

For me that was always the next day after drinking myself into oblivion. I hated myself the day after pretty much every time I drank to the point of no return.

Any bad day I had or have now not drinking is nothing compared to those days.

That's how I got through the first couple of months. I know that what I choose to do today is going to create my tomorrow. I just couldn't take anymore of those day afters anymore.

You can do it! Don't give up. You are worth it!

TopFlight 08-10-2013 10:15 PM

Friday...the start of the weekend. The weekends are usually my toughest times cause I like going out and being social, but haven't found that perfect medium for me to do so, without going to clubs, lounges, etc

Eleni58 08-10-2013 10:16 PM

After 13 years of daily drinking, I am now on day 16 of sobriety. I have yet to experience the AV urging me to drink. I've had no particularly difficult days. Lucky, maybe. But I think it's more by the grace of God that I got sober and continue to stay sober without difficulty.

JumpnOn2 08-10-2013 10:33 PM

Like Eleni I haven't had a bad day yet. Hope it will last . No withdrawal either. But I am very dedicated to sobriety this time. And that really makes a difference. It may not be easy but I'm worth it, so are u. Hope to see u around.

mecanix 08-10-2013 11:24 PM

Today is the most difficult one to get through .

For me acceptance plays a big part in it , accepting there will be days of torment , anguish and pain .
The permanent pleasure or permanent relief from pain that this brain want's dosn't happen from drink and drugs .

Bestwishes, m