SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Newly Sober, New to this site (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/303745-newly-sober-new-site.html)

MysticStylez36 08-10-2013 08:38 PM

Newly Sober, New to this site

I don't know where to start, I guess from the beginning.

I'm a 27 year old Male living in New Hampshire. I have been using drugs since I was roughly 15 years old. It started off with just weed and quickly expanded onto harder and more destructive and expensive drugs. I've never really had a problem with alcohol, though I have drank and been drunk before. It is not my first choice.

I guess I am what they refer to as a poly-addict, but my main d.o.c. is cocaine. I used to be content just sniffing it, then I got introduced to smoking it and it has really taken a toll on my life. I have done a lot of grimy things to get my fix, robbing, stealing, cheating, lying, you name it.

I really messed up this time and I am losing a lot of respect and trust from my family and peers. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I currently do not work so I'm working on getting a job and maybe going back to school.

Right now in my free time and my non-drug related leisure time I like to write and record my own music, I am a rapper, I enjoy making hip hop music by myself and with friends. I also love sports. I play a lot of cards such as rummy and poker. I am searching for people that are in similar situations with being newly sober and trying to build a good support system.

I am really just looking for some help and support :a108:

To those who spend their time reading this; :thanks

LuLu13 08-10-2013 09:05 PM

Welcome, Mystic, joining this site is a good start and congratulations on your decision to become sober. I am sure others will be along to offer advice and support. It sounds as those you have many interests to occupy your time which is a good thing. Having a plan is essential to success. Keep us posted.

MysticStylez36 08-10-2013 09:07 PM

thanks LuLu, it's good to know there are other people going through similar situations, whether they are currently new to the struggle or have been fighting it for years. I understand that this is a lifetime disease.

LuLu13 08-10-2013 09:22 PM

Meant to say sounds as though, not those. Sheesh, I am even sober!

MysticStylez36 08-10-2013 09:28 PM

lol no harm no foul :P

JumpnOn2 08-10-2013 09:30 PM

Hello mystic

simplex 08-10-2013 09:39 PM

Congrats on working to get sober!

MysticStylez36 08-10-2013 09:39 PM

hello Jump

deeker 08-10-2013 09:41 PM

AA NA Meetings in Concord, NH | In The Rooms

If you scroll down on this link there are a bunch of Narcotics Anonymous meetings in Concord. I go to NA. If you have any questions I would be willing to help in any way. I highly recommend you check out a meeting. U will find great hope there!

WritingHelps 08-10-2013 10:53 PM

Welcome! I think this site is a good place to start on getting sober. I'm a new(ish) member. Like, I was on here last year, then started drinking again, and now I'm back. Hopefully for good :) Trying not to have to do day one again. I hope you don't have to either. Good luck!

PS, I'm 27 too, it came up in another thread that there are a lot of people our age here :)

MysticStylez36 08-11-2013 10:41 AM

WritingHelps

are you male or female and where are you from? Thanks for letting me know there are a lot of people my age around on here, it helps!