Notices

The physical part

Old 08-10-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The physical part

To be honest, I am writing this to see if other people have the same experiences as I do. Sometimes I feel alone and as if I'm the only one. So I'd like to know if the following sounds familiar.

I'm on day 7 btw, and it's going well.

When I was drinking, which means drinking 2 bottles of wine for years, I felt heavy, slow. I sweated a lot and it smelt terrible. I didn't gain much weight because of my body type but there was some weight gain.

While detoxing, I sweated even more at first and then it went away, along with the smell. My weight is already getting back to normal. On day 3 I noticed my urine was dark yellow and smelt terrible. To me it was a sign that my body was getting rid of the toxins.

During the alcoholic period and about 3 days into the withdrawal, I constantly either has stomach pains or acid reflux. This went away after 3 days as well.

Day 4, stomach very active. Diarrhea, felt like my body was clearing out more.

After that I gradually started to feel lighter. Like a toxin had been removed from my body. I feel more energy and no longer like everything is heavy and things are difficult to do.

During drinking, I would have terrible stamina and walking stairs was even difficult. Now it more and more feels like I'm floating. Like a weight has been lifted.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Old 08-10-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I think by about Day 5 the physical aspect of withdrawal had more or less cleared up but for me the emotional part was SO much more difficult to deal with.

I'm glad you're feeling better.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YES! I sweated profusely at night while sleeping. I no longer sweat. My urine was a darker yellow when I first quit drinking too and I also did not have stamina. I used to have diarrhea when I was drinking--now I no longer do and don't go #2 as often (TMI I know..lol)

I'm on day 16 and slowly but surely feeling better every day. Started taking walks again. I was previously completely sedentary.

Sounds like your body has completely detoxed. Congrats and keep up the good work!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks!

And Anna, I think I'm lucky. I can deal with physical stuff pretty well, but when it comes to emotional stuff I'm practically bullet-proof. So if that's the challenge ahead, I'm not concerned.