Notices

Hi from Sean

Old 08-12-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You guy's are the people who understand the most, care the most and do not pass judgment. I know I can tell you all my deepest hurt or my worst mistake.

So that's why I feel we are all family here.

I know at some points my drinking led to such loneliness.
I felt no-one understood me.
At time's I no-one to talk too.

I still feel like that sometime's,but now I have my family here.
And I care very much about you all.

Family should always look out for each other.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Best wishes, Sasha, sounds like you're understand well.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by SeanMc View Post
Hi, I'm Sean, alcoholic.

Cutting my story short, I work in a very people intensive and rather high profile role and for all the usual reasons want to stop drinking.

I haven't had much success lately and I'm in a low and disgusted state- I'll call by a the forum here and post my progress. August 10th, my last day- let's see what I can do.

Best wishes.

I like you already! You can do this, its not an easy task, but one well worth it. Life is too short to waste it being chained to a bottle. Lord knows I wasted some
times, but being free now is pretty much a dream come true for me. Good luck buddy!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks Nighthawk, we're in complete agreement; alcohol is a big and subtle deception.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

How are you hangin, Sean?
Was just thinkin about you today.
Hope all is well.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi stacia, I'm just fine, thanks for asking; I'll try and post each day on the Class of August thread- it's working for me here and I'm looking at a drink-free future.

The psychology of all this of course is kind-of interesting and paradoxical, if that doesn't sound too insensitive to those in perhaps in more problematic circumstances, but I'm on the right side of the line and all green lights right now.

Trust you're okay.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sean... Your coming up on a month my friend! Happy happy joy joy!
How are you doing? Feeling? Doing anything new w life since u started.
Stacia
Old 09-06-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Stacia, thanks for the message, yes I'm clean since the 10th of last month. My regular work resumes shortly over here in China and there are some new staff coming, so I'm curious to meet them. I'm an unusual sort of person in some ways and while I can get on with anyone I often lack people I can really relate to.

I've been busy lately particularly with the sobriety freeing up more time and I'm pleased with what I've achieved. With the way things are here I really can't afford to go back to how I was, it's just not an option and I'm finding better ways to deal with stresses thanks.

When I can I'll find more time to post on the forum- it's certainly one of the most interesting and indeed sobering I've come across.

I trust you're well and wonder what takes your interest in life. I have have longstanding pursuits in art music, Indian culture, international affairs...
Old 09-06-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Sean , im happy for you in that you seem to be getting work done since you have been sober. We just dont realise how much wasted time we spend ....literally being wasted. I stumbled into this SR forum and started reading posts to pass my hangover time, i think it really has saved my life or at least extended it somewhat. Good luck you seem pretty positive , you can do this xx
Old 09-06-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Cheers Snoozy

Not sure if we say that here!

But indeed the forum is something of a revelation, particularly the kind folks who look after it...

Best, S