Notices

Things have got to change

Old 08-10-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gingerman08 View Post
Hi , I am a 30 year old Married mother of a five year old boy. An adorable five year old boy. I am currently in bed once again terribly hungover wasting my life away. Things have got to change, I have never been a member of this forum and actually never wrote about my drinking before. Well, here goes... I am an alcoholic who cannot get past 3 days without alcohol. Really could do with some advice, I am going to lose everything if I carry on.
I feel for you.

You will find a lot of help here at SR.

It is an integral part of my recovery along with AA and Alanon.

first thing first and put down that drink
and make a commitment to sobriety.

You will soon be living a wonderful life...and a much precious relationship with your boy.

You and your family deserve sober lives. You are a very good person.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

glad you poured out the wine

You don't have to go to that meeting alone.
find someone to go with you.
Maybe you know someone else wanting what you want...
or give the local AA hotline a ring and ask if a woman would call you.

Pulling for you. Lots of great advice already....see how great SR works.

You also are helping others.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just a quick update to let you all know that I am still sober. I am now on day 3. Struggling like hell but SOBER!! Forcing myself through today. Appetite is CRAZY but I do not care. Chippy tea tonight to celebrate.
Becky
Old 08-13-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gingerman08 View Post
Hi everyone. Just a quick update to let you all know that I am still sober. I am now on day 3. Struggling like hell but SOBER!! Forcing myself through today. Appetite is CRAZY but I do not care. Chippy tea tonight to celebrate.
Becky
That is wonderful news to hear Becky. You can do this. It will start to get easier. Enjoy your food and have a relaxing evening. Stay strong.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Becky

Congrats on day 3 and welcome to SR.

I have a little boy too and every time I take him to school I'm so relieved to be sober,it helps keep me sober.No worrying about driving next morning,noworrying about the teacher smelling alcohol on my breath, no worrying about having done something awful the night before, no worrying about being able to get up and do the school run.

when I first joined SR people said their lives were somuch better when they quit drinking. It's true.I'm 8 months now and feel so much better,mentally, physically, socially and emotionally.

Day 3 is rough-chippy tea sounds great
Old 08-13-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am the parent of a 12 year old boy. A true gift and he loves me as much as I love him yet I drink in front of him. In fact, I drink every evening. As I read your posting it dawned on me that he sees me with a drink in my hand more than he sees me without a drink. That has to change and today is my kickoff. Thanks for sharing
Old 08-13-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you Hayley, Ready at Last and Too Tall. Excellent points that I can totally relate to.
I have missed birthday parties, appointments, you name it because of alcohol. It is such a good feeling to be totally sober. I work as a teacher so off for Summer at the mo and can say that even in a few days I have made the most of our time off together. I even have a project to decorate his room as a surprise. Taking people's advise and having projects ready!! Roll on day 4.
Too Tall, this forum motivated me to make the change. If I can do it anyone can.
Mic sober- great motivational comments. Thanks
Becky
Old 08-13-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sorry Wiscsober....x