Notices

Made it over 3 months but then slip

Old 08-09-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it over 3 months but then slip

I was doing really good. I had over 3 months without binge drinking for 4 to 5 days. Well, went to TN to see someone and when I got out there she wanted to drink. I was nervous at the time but didn't think too much of it then 4 days later go by and pretty much have little understanding what went on. Now I'm just about pass my first day or sobriety. I remember tell her that I was not really a drinker anymore but wish I told her right out of the gate that I can't control myself when I start drinking.

Day 1 on 8/10/2013
Old 08-09-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
orangutan

Glad you found your way back Action!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pleased you're back with us. Never give up. You were going well and you can get there again. you can learn and move on from this x
Old 08-09-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 1......good for you...some don't get back on tract......
Like you...like all of us......just don't take that first drink...easy to say I know but damn the next day and you did not drink.....what a beautiful feeling...hang in there pal...
Old 08-10-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to have you back. There appears to be a lot of people who for some reason fall around 3 months. My previous relapse was also around 3 months, a little more, 105 days. For me it a complacent feeling that I could drink and nobody would ever know, and it would be a reward and how did drinking feel like again.. things like that.

The idea of defending your own sobriety is your responsibility alone. Nobody else can do it for you, I think. This defence means for me avoiding people who are active drinkers, places where alcohol is served, and saying NO when I have to say it.

It is so worth it, sobriety that I wouldn't even matter breaking relationships with people, offending them in a vulgar fashion and doing something that I need to do in order to survive (survival of sobriety). Good luck and congrats on your resolve! The days keep adding up... one day at a time.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No half measures

Cunning baffling and powerful. Alcohol has a lifetime to wait for a moment of weakness. That is why I can never put anything in front of my sobriety and why I must always be on my gaurd for my biggest enemy.

Congratulations on making it back and learn from your painful lesson
Old 08-10-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Your sober time doesn't just disappear when you slip. You did awesome for 90 days!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm just over 100 days. Thank you for the reminder of what can happen. I have long feared the same scenario you are describing, but it hasn't come up yet. At least you know you can stay sober in future. People who can stay sober for 90 days have a good track record at maintaining long term sobriety.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you are back,
Old 08-10-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you came back
Old 08-10-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well next time something like that comes up you know what to say and what not to do.

Write it off as a learning experience.

Glad to see you are back instead of careening off on a halfyear-long drunken spree of self-destruction