Notices

So this is what it came to...

Old 08-09-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi breakfast. Yes, it happened to me dozens of times.

My life had to fall apart too - in order for me to get completely fed up and stop all together. I had dui's and other legal troubles, let everyone down, ruined my credibility with family & co-workers, etc. It was a living hell. I finally realized it was exhausting to hold on to the idea that drinking would ever be fun or an escape. All it brought me was misery and danger. You sound ready this time - we know you can do this.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by breakfasttv View Post
My friend got sober in rehab and never picked up again. Yes, there are many ppl I talk to at meetings that have slipped up. But I have slipped up quite a few times. My AA sponsor dropped me because of this. Although she told me she relapsed many times. I am in a huge quandary here. Does AA accept EVERYONE or are they choosy. Or am I going to the wrong meetings? I am from a very respectable family in a wealthy town. I guess I should go somewhere that makes me invisible.
I'm sure some people are "choosy," but more often than not we won't work with someone if we don't believe we can help them. It may just be that your sponsor believes you need something that she can't give you. Repeated attempts at sobriety usually calls for something different.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Falling down a few times. Many ppl I have met have done the same. I just hold myself to ridiculously high standards. So fail=death. Can't do it, must die.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by breakfasttv View Post
An ashtray full of butts, a 1/2 empty bottle of crappy wine and anxiety. It's a beautiful summer day, but I can't go out because I'm too messed up from a relapse. I had a week of amazing, productive sobriety and ruined it with THAT FIRST DRINK. So, so tired of this. I want out of the addiction, but don't know if it is possible. Anyone else ever felt this way??
We have ALL felt this way. You know you cant have that ONE, so get back on the horse and try again, and again until it sticks. You have limitless attempts, so dont give up.