Notices

back to day 1

Old 08-09-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back to day 1

I just need to talk for a second....I began in May on another site and then found SR about a month ago. I have been able to stay alcohol free for 5 to 9 days at a time and each time it has been better than the last.

Last Monday night I tripped up and had a few beers, thought I would be able to shake it off and get back on the path but I had to "drink myself down" to get to this place again where I can say no more..

something is different, I have had enough, I have finally had enough.

just being here and posting has been immensely helpful, thank you all for being here and to the admin.

I know my life is better without alcohol, my thoughts and feelings are happier and more positive, I feel better mentally , physically, and spiritually. I have never gained a single thing from alcohol

I want sobriety, I want to be sober for the rest of my life. I am getting better.

Highest Regards to you all. trish
Old 08-09-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck trish. Down feel down. I failed plenty of times but I always got back up that's why I know I will succeed. Just don't tak3 that first drink.

Peace be with you. .
Old 08-09-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are back and good luck Irish. If you are making it 5-9 days at a crack that means you are mostly escaping all the physical withdrawals each time. Do you have any kind of a plan to stay sober each time you quit, or are you just "not drinking"?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

not sure what you mean Scott about escaping withdrawal

I don't have much of a plan I guess. I went to one AA meeting about 2 months ago, I once was fairly active in AA many years ago. ..something there leaves a disturbing feeling with me.

this site has helped me more than anything else since I came here.

I welcome your conversation, thanks