Old 08-10-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~sb

I applaud your new plan!!!!

Hugs,
~SB
Old 08-10-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You took a very brave step Missy, I'm so happy you have a plan in place. Please know you have the SR Family behind you. Lean on us for strength, you can do this!

Old 08-10-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am praying all is going well.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hope everything's going o.k for you missy-I know from experience the first few days can be nasty-but after that, it's not exactly plain sailing-but it gets better-try and get to as many occupational therapy groups as possible-aa never worked for me but O.T groups were a great help, also note-you'll start eating like a horse and will feel the benefit-makes you feel great-if you go then make sure you have adequate aftercare to support you-that's whreer I went wrong-and because of the U.K cutbacks etc. and funding being slashed-I find myself back at square one-I SINCERELY hope you think about what I've said because it's not a trip one person can make alone.

Anyway, the best of luck, take care-and keep us informed-it gives the rest of us hope.

Joey.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Way to go, Missy!

Check back and let us know how it's going. You could be an inspiration to others!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Missy, I hope you are finding peace and support in OT. This is a big time, serious move. Your SR pals are with you. Big Bear Hug.

Cas
Old 08-29-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I went and listened and left knowing I couldn't start until the end of summer. Now we are at August 29 and school will start soon. I have not been perfectly sober since my appt, but I have done better--meaning gotten in and back out more quickly.

Now we have had a family crisis (job loss--not mine thank God) and things are gonna get sticky. So I am going to an AA meeting tomorrow for sure and will decide whether to start the program a week from Monday--when the year starts for me anyway.

Thank you all for your kind words. I appreciate it.