Notices

I think I have landed on the pink cloud

Old 08-07-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think I have landed on the pink cloud

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I quit drinking. Yesterday, I started getting this highly euphoric feeling of happiness, which has spilled over into today. I am almost deliriously happy today and I couldn't figure out why...that is until I started researching the "pink cloud effect."

I guess this is normal early in recovery and I read it can be dangerous. I don't want to fall of the pink cloud. I want this feeling to last forever!

Anyone else experience being on the pink cloud? If so, how long did it last and did you relapse once it ended?
Old 08-07-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

pink cloud ? if i think deeply it has lasted about 2 years so far if i stay humble and wiiiing to do anything for my sobriety

Keep on

m
Old 08-07-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
EndGame

I was on a pink cloud for several years after I first got sober. And from the very first day, the relief was so overwhelming. And I ran with it.

People often describe pink clouds as a moment of clarity and acceptance; the sense of well being that comes with surrender. It's not time-stamped and doesn't come with an expiration date.

When I relapsed after twenty five years, it had nothing to do with clouds of any color. I relapsed because I wanted to drink.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have often wondered if I am on some sort of "pink cloud" cuz I just feel generally better most of the time. Then again, I have some lousy moments/days. Generally though I can see/feel the benefits. More cash...more self esteem...less embarrassment/shame...feeling in control...hopeful...mental clarity..more follow through...I find pleasure in really simple things like blue skies and sunshine and the smell of flowers and seeing the big dipper in the sky at night. These are things to simply feel better about...aren't they?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Enjoy the pink cloud. I have heard that it can last for quite an extended amount of time. Mine lasted for months. It’s also normal for it to end. No big deal. Long term sobriety has even greater rewards.

BTW You live in a small town with more than its fair share of fine clock towers. I remember it well. All the best to you.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

I've been on my pink cloud for a while now. Every so often I feel a magical mellowness of well-being wash right through me. I used to think that only wine could produce this feeling, but having it come naturally from within tastes better and lasts longer than any Chardonnay I've ever had!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Enjoy the feeling headlump , not sure I ever had it. I know I felt massively relieved once I made the decision never drink again, but as I was going through such personal emotional upheaval at the time, I never felt especially elated. Being naturally optimistic, I am happy enough just to be rocking down my sober road! Congratulations on your 2 weeks, and long may you float 😃