Notices

I can't go 15 minutes without finishing 3 beers

Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't go 15 minutes without finishing 3 beers

I know, its shameful.

I get drunk everyday, and ive been trying through this site to be able to stop my drinking.

I always feeling like i need to be constantly sculling beer. I usually have about 3 every 15 minutes. i know people in this forum say things like: count every second, every minute of sobrirety.

so far my record for not having 3 beers is 13 minutes. sometimes i manage almost 14 but ive never got there. i usually pass out within an hour or two because of this. i then sleep for roughly 12-15 hours and as soon as i wake up i do the exact same thing and the cycle repeats.

i hope one day i can go at least 7-8 minutes without having a beer but i know its going to be hard. i usually have a beer bong strapped to my mouth throughout the entire day as i cannot bear the thought of not drinking beer 24/7.

how can you guys help me out? any tips?
Old 08-12-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome CD

I think you definitely need some outside help - it's probably a good idea to see a Dr first off, cos you might find yourself in real trouble if you just stop drinking at that level.

I think face to face support is probably a good idea too if you can't put it down for any length of time.

Maybe some kind of rehab or something like AA or some other kind of programme?

D
Old 08-12-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by carltondraught View Post

how can you guys help me out? any tips?
most towns have a 3 day detox available to all in need

you need something that will help you to get some sober time

I share in meetings often that I remember when

I couldn't go 15 minutes without a drink (usually a beer)

I've been clean and sober for a while now

don't give up

Mountainman
Old 08-12-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by carltondraught View Post
I get drunk everyday, and ive been trying through this site to be able to stop my drinking.
May I ask, how have you been using the site to quit?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Remember when for me.

The constant going out the garage for another shot.
It seemed like i spent more time going back and forth then in the house.

My tip would be to go to one meeting and listen for similiarities.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's not shameful at all.
But you deserve better.
You deserve to be able to function without alcohol.

Have you seen anyone medical yet ?
Stopping drinking cold turkey when you drink large amounts can be fatal. There is a risk of seizures. So you may have to keep drinking until you can get sound medical help and advice.

If I was you I would think there would be 2 steps you need to take.

1. You need to go through a safe detox with medical advice and supervision. You cannot be on your own. Someone, preferably, a health care professional needs to be with you, in case of a seizure.

2. You need to have a plan to cope with living life sober after the detox. You don't want to go down this avenue again. Having the odd drink could mean your end up back like you are now. Whether you do AA, Smart, AVRT, group therapy, whatever. You need to know how to live life alcohol free. I did too. We all do.

I really do wish you the best. Xxxx
Old 08-12-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The easiest suggestion is to stop drinking period but it is probably totally inadvisable in this case. As Dee suggested a doctor first then probably a detox is needed. Then on to recovery with help here and/or AA. You seem to be honest with yourself which is needed then we surrender to the fact that we cannot drink in safety. BE WELL
Old 08-12-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
TKS

Hi CD, I'm also new to this forum and to taking a serious shot at recovery, and while I'm hardly in a position to offer long term strategies, (I'm in the early days myself) I have to say that being on this forum, reading the posts of others, offering up some tales of my own alcoholic misadventures, has been a great and effective support for me so far. While you might feel that you are the only one with all the associated horrors of being a heavy drinker, I can assure you that most members here have experienced the same. And for those that haven't their stories are here too, about how an alcoholic family member has been destroying their lives as well. It very 'sobering' reading, and fairly upsetting at times too, so be prepared for some painful self reflection.

As Dee74 often reminds people.. 'stay close to SR' when you are feeling the urge, or even depressed or angry when you start recovering. Read the well-intentioned suggestions and recommendations of others, take what you will out of the various recovery techniques and be strong. You're approaching the best times of your adult life, and I wish I had the ability to question my habits when I was 20 years old.

You can do it, mate
Old 08-12-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The INSANITY of it comes to mind. Out
of control. Craziness. Sickness. Disease.