Notices

hello everyone!

Old 08-07-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello everyone!

hi! everyone, i'm male, 25 yrs old, drinking beer for ~ 5 years, in the last 3 daily, "to help me with sleep"
some of you may know me, i tried before. and failed miserably.
many times. but without support, i can't afford that, i can't skip work even a day, and it's allmost unavailable in my country.

i tried and tried. and when i was nearly my goal, good things happened in my life. a new, better paid job, a new girlfriend, rejoined with some old friends, my self esteem got up(i was kinda depressed).

U know, things that "need celebration". And that celebration enlarged in everyday drinking again. And i started to think that drinking isn't that bad again, because i started to go out and drink with friends, instead of drinking alone at home.

Long story short, i finally realised that i am back where i started. My life may improved a little bit, but i am still an alcohol addict, and i am drinking ~ 6 beers/evening (3 liters, i don't know in pints).
I bought some natural tincture that says it produces intolerance to alcohol yesterday. The result, yesterday was very hard for me to get drunk. After 6 beers i was still sober, but no sign of sick or vomiting.

So, 1'st day, we meet again!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Glad you're back at it!

I tried to quit on my own at least a couple dozen times. Never made it past a day or two. Eventually the physical withdrawals got so bad I couldn't even make it through a day. So I got medical help and made it for awhile. Then I stopped making it and the withdrawals came back. Then I got medical help again and now I am making it: four months sober and counting. And a lot of people have tried and stopped trying and tried again many more times than I have.

The point is that you've never, ever fallen off the horse too many times. Get back on that thing and do everything in your power to stay on it and you will.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi weird, My story is similar. I drank beer too. I did not sleep. I passed out. Woke up wondering what in the world I had (had not) done. Try to flip your thinking. Celebrate by not drinking. Which is a better reward for yourself. The reward being feeling good. Very best to you. It's hard at first, but get easier. You can do this. I tapered down. It worked for me.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The thing with me is, i never had bad withdrawals. Only the first night without sleep and the next 2 with short periods of sleep. My problem was my willpower.
I had it strong in the first 4 or 5 days. Then i started to miss that relaxed feeling. I know that the brain is used to that feeling, hell, it was it's routine for almost 5 years.

I couldn't adapt to the change, that i was conscious and awake all the time, and days seem to pass longer (i know you know the feeling).
I just don't like the idea to replace the alcohol with chemical drugs
I know it is hard to understand me
Old 08-07-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you came back here when you realized you had fallen back to where you were before.I did the same thing.Four years ago I quit for 14 months and then thought I could social drink again.Slowly but surely ended up back to drinking 90 proof vodka nightly.

Now I'm on day 13 and feeling good again.
You can do the same.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support!
Thank you resolute for sharing your story. It was the same for me. The difference? 13 months and 20 days.
After 10 days of abstinence i felt normal and i thought i can drink socially without consequences.
I know, i was stupid!
Patience is my my weakest point, as you all see
Old 08-07-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep that's me too...I'm back again and am the biggest sucker for thinking I can just have a couple. Good luck!