Notices

Hi

Old 08-07-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

I'm really ******* up. Took the day off from work today to recover and "think". I keep telling myself that I can keep it under control. That I can go out and have one or two drinks. Never happens. I drink till the bar closes. I realized today that I can't do this alone.

-L
Old 08-07-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi anonymau5 and welcome. I recall taking quite a few Monday's off from work due to binge drinking over the weekend. You are not alone. Stay close and take care of yourself.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have a good start with direction of thought. My thinking when drinking was not a strong point. The first step was a desire to stop drinking and be honest with myself. Hang on for the ride.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR,

I know what you're talking about and how you're felling.Was in the same position a couple weeks ago.Thought I could "control" my drinking,but,always binged to the point of passing out,then feeling terrible.

Glad you found this site.It helps greatly to talk with folks that are going through the same challenges.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi anon ... I am still trying to deal with the fact I will never just be able to one or two drinks...and the thought of never drinking again is daunting, getting together with friends or just being at home getting sloshed has been part of my life for too long and all too frequently...so for me I can only go minute by minute and say for now I won't drink.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for logging on and posting, bro. Needing a day off from work sounds like enough of a bottom to me.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Anon - Hang in there. Stay Resolute. It is not easy. But is worth it in the long run!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I'm sure I'll have more questions to pester you guys with as I take this journey. Right now I feel confident that I will see the light.